Fiesta revving between gearchanges. - prm
My wifes fiesta 1.3 endura engined fiesta revs like mad between gearchanges. I have put a new throttle position sensor on but this made no difference at all, I also cleaned out the idle control valve, no difference. A friend who's a fitter, plugged it into his machine and 'throttle position sensor' keeps showing, so he disconnected the speed control sensor, which has stopped the revving but now it feels sluggish, and it doesn't seem right to disconnect one thing to counteract another,any ideas you fiesta experts? Thanks in advance.
Fiesta revving between gearchanges. - Chas{P}
Check the switch on the clutch pedal. If this is disconnected or not functioning the symptoms you are describing will occur.

HTH

Charles
Thanks Charles, I have checked and it was connected, what does it do and would I need a new one?
Fiesta revving between gearchanges. - Pete F
You should check that the switch works. It cuts the fuel off when you change gear.
Fiesta revving between gearchanges. - David Davies
Try removing the 3A ECU fuse in fusebox for a few minutes to reset the adapted values.Then drive for a few miles and note any difference.Then have the fault memory read again and if you still have TPS fault code its possible you have bad wiring between TPS and engine ECU.There is an updated section of the wiring loom available from Ford to cure this known problem.
David Davies (Tune-Up Raglan)
Thanks David, I tried what you said and it seems to have worked keeping my fingers crossed, thanks for all your help guys. Paul