Would you believe it??!! - Hugo {P}
This P reg Xantia that I have now got through the MOT after having a replacement engine and a few other bits done, has had different registration plates on for up to 2 years I think. I've only had the car for a few months.

The difference between them is very subtle and easy to miss or get confused. But the incorrect replacement front plate was put on my (or at least made for) a Citroen Dealer! It bears their name on the bottom. A check with the V5 confirmed that the rear plate was the correct one.

Phoned them up and told a little white lie, said I'd been stopped by the police, who had pointed this out and given me 7 days to sort it.

"No problem sir - We'll do the new one in half and hour at no cost to you" Despite that I've only got the old one as "Proof of Purchase".

I've known one other instance of this happening on a Mk 2 astra delivered new on an H plate. I and a colleague delivered it. The owner contacted us to alert us of the problem and I was despatched on a 3 hour drive each way with the new plate and a screwdriver to save the dealer any more embarresment!

****Signature? - Ideas on a postcard please anyone!****

****We never stop learning****

Hugo
Would you believe it??!! - Technoprat {P}
Why does Hugo need all those asterisks? Is he swearing?
Why does Hugo need all those asterisks? Is he swearing?

No TP, I'm just being greedy!

H
Would you believe it??!! - Rob the Bus {P}
Jeez guys, is it "let's have a go at poor old Hugo" week? ;-)
Jeez guys, is it "let's have a go at poor old
Hugo" week? ;-)

Ahhh! I DO have a friend in the BackRoom :-)

Hugo

****We never stop learning****

Hugo
Would you believe it??!! - henry k
This P reg Xantia has had different registration plates on for up to 2years I think. I've only had the car for a few
months.
The difference between them is very subtle and easy to miss
or get confused.
I've known one other instance of this happening on a Mk
2 astra delivered new on an H plate.

4 years ago one of our contractors with a Granada company car suddenly found he had been driving it with one digit different between the front and rear plates. He had a suspicion that there was another vehicle from the same garage with similar problem. He fixed his plates but never did discover the other posible victim.
Would you believe it??!! - Wally Zebon
A friend of mine bought a brand new Mazda 323 with OSM on the front and OSW on the back. He only discovered it when it went for its first MOT!

Would you believe it??!! - RichardW
3 years without noticing that number plates are not the same???? And they let these people DRIVE?????

I am speechless.......

RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Would you believe it??!! - Chas{P}

Hugo

Look at my profile. It may give you a starter for ten.

Charles