Wiper Blades - Marcos{P}
My MB E320 cdi has Bosch AERO-TWIN blades fitted.
They clear water really well but they make the most horrific scraping sounds on the glass unless there is a lot of water present. If it is just drizziling a bit it is awfull.
I have tried windscreen polish as advised by the garage but this only helps for a few miles. Is there anything I could do to make them less screachy. Would silicone spray on the blades help or will it just smear?
BTW they have been like this since I bought the car in November.
Wiper Blades - Greenparrot
My S320 CDi was exactly the same, they were driving me up the wall! Basically I got an experienced and patient technician to bend the wiper arm until the screeching stopped. Neddless to say it wasn't perferct first time but I just kept on 'adjusting' until it stopped.
Wiper Blades - Mudguts
I have the same problem on my Mondeo, I apply 'Rainex' and immediately after this the wipers judder BOTH ways.

I am interested to know what way the technician adjusted the blade arms?

My blades judder both ways so I cannot see how bending them to adjust the angle of the blade itself on the screen would help.
Wiper Blades - none
Mudguts, can't help with your problem - juddering both ways, but as a rule the wiper blades should flip over at the end of each stroke. Juddering is usually caused by the blade not flipping over. Twisting the wiper arm to the best position enables the blade to flip (wiping rather than scraping)
Wiper Blades - Marcos{P}
Here is a link to the Bosch site. These wiper blades are just one piece of rubber so I dont see how bending the arm will make a difference.
www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcWipe5.asp?c=2&d=1
Wiper Blades - Greenparrot
Carrick answered the query far more competently than I could have, I believe it was to do with the blade may have been too 'pushed' up against the screen, and following on from Carricks post they were not able to flip. In any case it worked and removed the awful noise.
Wiper Blades - Roger Jones
Just a couple of points:

* Cleaning the windscreen regularly with AutoGlym Fast Glass helps.

* In my experience, noisy wiping is usually a sign of worn-out blades.
Wiper Blades - rg
errm, yes, I would agree with Roger's points.

In my experience, blades can still appear to wipe well (fooling you into thinking they are fine and unworn), yet still judder.

rg
Wiper Blades - Marcos{P}
I have tried the windscreen polish and cleaning solutions but to no avail, nice and quiet for a bit and then noisy again.
The wipers have done this since new in November.
Wiper Blades - Cliff Pope
I have had this problem in the past. Once they squeak nothing works. I tried new blades, meths, vinegar, lemonjuice, half a potato, polish, hot wax polish, windowlene, washingup liquid, etc etc.
I began to think that perhaps windscreens just wear out after x thousand wipes. I tried another make of wiper (ordinary Bosch) and never had the problem since.
Wiper Blades - Altea Ego
Nothing is worse in my mind than squeeky juddering wiper blades. When ever i have had it, the only cure has been to replace the complete blade assembly (not just the rubber) with a new one from the dealer. Fixed it every time (except once when a new arm cured it)
Wiper Blades - wemyss
Marcos I once read that there is no known way to remove silicone from glass. I believe some car polishes has it and is advised never to get it on your windscreen.
My wifes Maestro had the the most horrendous screeching from the windscreen wipers from new.
Changed the blades a couple of times over the years as required and it was still there.
Last year replaced with Halfords own brand. Lo and behold for the first time it has silent wipers.
So I think the type of rubber used must be the cause.
Wiper Blades - eMBe {P}
My MB E320 cdi has Bosch AERO-TWIN blades fitted. .... BTW they have been like this since I bought the car in November.>>

I suspect that possibly the wiper arm has not been set correctly in the factory. Or you have applied too much polish. (Is the Merc factory supplied with a windscreen coating such as RainX or Ombrello? Some BMW's are and it takes about 2 years for that to wear off). Try wshing your windscreen with very warm (60C) water and use "Cif/Jif" cream to gently remove all traces of polish/coating. Phone the helpline given on the Cif bottle to check that it is safe to use on your glass (apparently they say it is OK on everything except Gold!).
Wiper Blades - none
Further to my post about wiper arm twisting (not bending).
The easiest way to check for the correct 'flipping' of the blade is to switch the wipers on, and when they start juddering, switch the ignition off. The wipers should stop. Check the angle of the blade against the screen, if it's in a leading or scraping position, that's the problem. If it's in a trailing or wiping position, 'flipping' isn't the problem.
Wiper Blades - AnotherFord
This works a treat. Certainly on a Mondeo you can twist them by hand a bit at a time until they track perfectly.