Pug306 bypass auto-unlock feature - solara
Thought I'd share my findings with HJ...

I recently experienced central locking problems on my Peugeot 306 XTDT. When you try and lock the car (either via the remote or via the door key switch), it attempts to lock all doors, but then immediately unlocks all doors. This is a security feature should a door not be closed or locked properly.

As other suggested, this is a fault with either the central locking latch switches or wiring. Trying to find the faulty latch or break in the wire is painstaking and tedious. Typically all these switches are connected in series, so any one single faulty switch will trigger the auto-unlock feature.

After hours of probing around the central locking control unit, I have now been able to identify the closed loop circuit which detects all latches have locked. I have been able to manually bypass the sensors, so the control unit "thinks" that all latches have locked okay. This prevents it from auto-unlocking.

For me, this is acceptable, as all my latches lock okay, and the fault lies within the closed loop sensor circuit. Obviously, now if I leave a door open and lock the car, it still "thinks" its locked okay. For me, this is better than no central locking! Also its not worth me spending a fortune on getting the dealer to change the faulty latches, especially when my car is now 10 years old.

For those interested in my noddy workaround...

Step 1: Locate the central locking unit
On my 306 XTDT 1993 model, the central locking control unit, is behind the rear passenger seat (off-side/driver side). It is NOT under the drivers seat as told by the Haynes manual, that is actually the alarm control unit and engine immobiliser!

Step 2: Remove the unit
The central locking control unit is accessed, by folding the rear-seat and lifting the boots carpet next to the seat edge, where there are three screws. Open these, and pull out the central locking control unit from behind the seat. There is no need to disconnect the electrical connectors.

Step 3: Bypass the sensor circuit
There are two plug connectors, one black and one white, connected to the unit. To bypass the latch sensor circuit, connect a wire between M623(yellow/green wire) and 6293(blue wire), both of these wires come out of the black connector. All this can be done with the connector in situ.

Black connector
M623: yellow/green wire in corner of connector
6293: blue wire in same row as above, one hop away.

By shorting this circuit, it effectively closes the loop circuit, telling the control unit that all latches are locked okay.

Hay Presto, you have now disabled the pesky auto unlock feature! Try it by leaving a door open and locking the car, it will lock, but not auto-unlock. You could use this method to identify which lock is actually at fault, as any lock which opens after locking is the culprit.

Hope it works for you

Pug306 bypass auto-unlock feature - IanT
Thanks Solara - one day I'm going to find this useful !

I had the locking/unlocking problem on my 306 a couple of months ago. The locks worked OK most of the time, but every now and again would do the lock/unlock sequence. On one occasion I locked the car, walked away, and then heard it unlock itself just after I had gone a few feet.

It turned out that I had done some work on the driver's door some month's before these problems, and hadn't fully fastened the electrical socket where the flexible wiring harness enters the door. It had worked itself slightly loose over time and the bad contact caused the problems.

Ian
Pug306 bypass auto-unlock feature - Dan G
Had the same problem with the auto-unlock due to a faulty latch mechanism. Cost £40 for a new mechanism from dealer, and I fitted fairly quickly once I found out a wiring mod. kit was required.
Pug306 bypass auto-unlock feature - i love beer
if the problem is still happening after changing mechanism you need to replace the door loom in the drivers door what happens is the wiring breaks down with the door opening all the time. you can buy it from the dealers for about 50 quid its a little longer and you cut the old one off,but leaving enough wire to solder too.(be careful, the colours dont match. You need to test them and match the colour with the number in the socket) any probs take to auto electrician.
Pug306 bypass auto-unlock feature - JRW
I am having the same lock / unlock problems on a 206 does anyone know of any way of bypassing the auto unlock feature.
Pug306 bypass auto-unlock feature - socon32
Hello solara, Thanks for this post. I spent quite a long time today trying to fix this problem with the central locking refusing to stay locked. And yes I did also discover the alarm box under the drivers seat after following the Haynes manual.

I will try your suggestion next weekend and hopefully it will work for me too.

I will let you know. One question I have though is how does the system know when the door is open?

Regards

Socon32
Pug306 bypass auto-unlock feature - socon32
Sorry, it did not fix it. I have since found that at least four wires are broken in the loom between the body and the driver's door. I will have to get my soldering iron out.

Socon32.
Pug306 1.9D 1995 Please Help! - svetlinski
Hi!
I have had my 306 for about a year now and just wanted to get the fob on my key to work. Since I had purchased it, as told by the previous owner, just needed changing batteries. I got sum batteries, and tried both remote controls but non of them work - not even the LED's on the keys. Do you think that this is the circuit board gone? I rang Peugeot and they said around about £150 for a new key fob. I thought that price was ridiculous.
Anyway, I went and bought a new reeiver unit with new remotes that is to be used with the current central locing, which by the way is immaculately working when unlocking with the key in the door. I do not know about the alarm, but I think that works too.
I tried to connect the central locking box myself, as I do have some knowledge in electronis, but the cable numbers on the wiring diagram from the Haynes manual does not match the cable numbers in the car. I do not know what to do now. Does anyone have the correct wiring diagram?
Really want this to work, but I dont know what to do. I have been to see some people that fit alarm systems, but they would not do it as it is not purchased from them and they wanted something stupid like £400. I nearly laughed out loud.
Anyway, if anyone has a suggestion, please help me by posting a comment here, or write to me at svetlinski_2@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks for reading!
Emanuil