Radiator repair fluids - fiesta man
Hi,

I am posting this on behalf of a colleague, who recently put some radiator repair fluid into his coolant.

Somewhat curiously, since adding the fluid, the idle speed on his Isuzu turbo diesel powered Cavalier has increased dramatically - previously the car would settle at around 800rpm when up to temperature, but now the engine won't drop below 1400rpm!

The car is well maintained, and hasn't previously missed a beat, so it does seem rather ominous that the addition of the radiator fluid is the cause of the problem.

We have our ideas as to what may be the problem, but would welcome comments from the backroom.

Cheers,
Fiesta man.
Radiator repair fluids - spikeyhead {p}
The two problems may not be connected.
I cured exactly the same symptoms on my Isuzu engined Cavalier last week.
A few squirts of WD40 where the throttle cable meets the injectors stopped the cable from sticking. The place to squirt is behind the block, accessable from the offside. Give the cable a few wiggles to free it.
I hope your friends probelm is as easy as this to sort out
Radiator repair fluids - Cliff Pope
Probably not connected.
But I wouldn't trust an easy-fix repair fluid except as a get-you-home emergency. If there is a leak it needs fixing. You don't know what else the fluid is blocking up inside the system, and you can't trust the leak not to suddenly re-appear.