when to buy now or august? - Andy22
if i want a nearly new car when is the best time to buy, now or in august when new reg's come out? money wise i would prefer to wait till august but is it going to make a difference?
when to buy now or august? - RichardW
New reg not until September now....

If you want brand new, then last couple of weeks of August you might be able to get a bargain as dealers struggle to meet August targets. If you want nearly new, then wait until second half of september as all those people who MUST have a new registration dump their year old trade ins at horrendouns depreciation, and the market is flooded.

RichardW

when to buy now or august? - Steve S
Good advice but realise that any saving/premium that you get is just as likely to be reflected to some extent on re-sale.
when to buy now or august? - DavidHM
There is no right answer; my feeling is that with manufacturer bonuses often stressing the bigger selling periods (i.e., September) the dealer may actually have more to play with then and August will just be an order taking period. Of course I could be completely wrong and only the dealer with all the figures at hand can really tell you.

As far as nearly new is concerned, I would wait until September. Of course you have a better chance of getting a car with the current plate on, but an 03 car will typically lose an extra 3-5% over the next two months purely because of the plate change.

The big impetus for this is not so much private people who care about having the latest plates but the rental companies who always want no more than one plate change out of date. That in turn pushes down the price of others, but if your car is common on rental fleets, they're probably the best bargains.