spinning wheels.... - 9000
Saw one of those huge new american 4x4s in town the other day- not sure what it was but is was much bigger than a cherokee/ range rover...anyway it had chrome wheels which when the car came to a halt carried on spinning!! before you ask i was sober! anyone seen these before and how do they work??
spinning wheels.... - Marcos{P}
Can't remember what they are called but I saw a television programme on these and they are a huge hit in America. They may have been called spinning discs but can cost anything up to $50,000 as they can be custom made out of any metal to any design.
I wouldn't like to kerb one though.
spinning wheels.... - Jonathan {p}
you mean like these?

www.truckxpressions.com/accessorygateways/spinning...m
26" wheels.

They would look great on a Nova with a big bore pipe.
spinning wheels.... - AlanGowdy
Ever seen those wheel trims which DON'T rotate with the wheels? -must be weighted or something. All the taxis seemed to have them where I went on holiday once - can't remember where though. The trims carried advertisments.
spinning wheels.... - martint123
I think the Bentley badges in wheel centers are always the right way up.
spinning wheels.... - Dynamic Dave
I'll be moving this thread to Discussion later today.
spinning wheels.... - blank
I think I recall reading in a new Rolls Royce review that these cars have the same feature
Andy
spinning wheels.... - Jon

It seems that some people will pay more to have spinning wheels while others will pay more to have them not spin (not the whole wheel obviously).

Get a life!!

What about oval wheels. That would certainly turn heads, although you would have to find some way of sinchronising all four wheels.

Jon
spinning wheels.... - henry k
I think I recall reading in a new Rolls Royce review
that these cars have the same feature
Andy

>>
I think it was a slightly different feature. Just the badge on the wheels was involved. The effect was to ensure the badge was always the right way up when the vehicle was stopped / parked. I assume some sort of counter weight behind the badge was required to do this.
Can you imagine the carnage when one of these spinning discs detatches itself and spins into a crowd of people.
spinning wheels.... - blank
>> I think I recall reading in a new Rolls Royce
review
>> that these cars have the same feature
>> Andy
>>
I think it was a slightly different feature. Just the badge
on the wheels was involved. The effect was to ensure the
badge was always the right way up when the vehicle was
stopped / parked. I assume some sort of counter weight behind
the badge was required to do this.

HK:

You're right. I was replying to Martin123's comment that the Bently badges stay the right way up in the centre of Bentley wheels! ;-)
Cheers
Andy