Seat Leon 1.9TDI S Power steering - Mr Angry
Can anyone advise? We have just bought a new Leon ( which has already had a new bonnet due to a paint / body blemish !!)and the power steering is incredibly heavy in comparison to any other car I have driven. We asked the dealer to check it out when they were changing the bonnet and the mechanics said there was nothing wrong with it. The salesman did agree that it seemed heavy but was guided by his mechanics. In my opinion it was Saturday lunch and they probably couldn't be bothered to check it. Can anyone advise what the problem could be or what I could tell them to check when I take the car back in again.!!
Seat Leon 1.9TDI S Power steering - DavidHM
It could be something as simple as the tyre pressures being wrong (too low). Otherwise there could be a lot of other problems...

Of course, if the salesman says that it's heavy then he probably knows what he's talking about. There's bound to be a similar car, used, on the forecourt, that you can drive back to back and compare.
Seat Leon 1.9TDI S Power steering - J500ANT
Well my partner has just bought a SEAT Leon TDi S in Extreme Blue, 1yr old ex demo on 195/65VR15's. His previous car was a Fiat Punto with the City (Girlie) button - which he used all the time (and which wears the front tyres out at an alarming rate!) and so he was used to featherweight steering, yet he hasnt complained about the weight of the PAS on his Leon. I have a smart and on the occasions that i've driven the Leon I never thought "blimey isnt the steering heavy?".

Maybe yours need a bit of air in the tyres, these dealers can be a bit lax when it comes to checking these things on PDI.

Tony