Why does my Polo steer to the right? - Jon
Hi

My problem is as in the subject line - the car has an affinity for oncoming traffic.

I have checked the tyre pressures. The problem developed not long after when new tyres were put on - just coincidence?

Funny thing was, it used to steer to the left, just not very much.

J
Re: Why does my Polo steer to the right? - Michael
try changing the wheels around (swap left and right) if the car steers the other way its the tyres.

Did you have the tracking checked when they replaced the tyres?

Did they adjust the tracking (maybe did it wrong)

Just thoughts.
Re: Why does my Polo steer to the right? - crazed idiot
all 4 tyres been replaces ? or just the front ones ?
I'd take it back and winge loudly...
Re: Why does my Polo steer to the right? - steve paterson
Try changing the front wheels round, it usually works. I worked on Skoda's (the proper one's) a few years ago and this problem was usually caused by what they called a 'heavy wheel' bias. This might explain why your bias has shifted from one side to the other following a wheel change.
Re: Why does my Polo steer to the right? - Brian
When I worked for Essex County Council we had a pool car which steered on the accelerator:- take your hands off the wheel and put your foot down and it veered right, take your foot off and it veered left.
I took it back to the depot and explained the symptoms. They said "Well, don't take your hands off the wheel".
NOT GOOD ENOUGH !
Re: Why does my Polo steer to the right? - Jon
Thanks for advice.

All 4 tyres were changed. I can't swap left for right, because they're unidirectional, but I'll try front to back.

J
unidirectional? are they on the correct corner of the car and facing the right direction? incidentally, what make of tyre and what polo?
Re: Why does my Polo steer to the right? - Jon
I understand that unidirectional tyres must rotate in only one direction, but why would the corner of the car matter?

They are BF Goodrich. Car is ye olde G reg breadvan style.

J
Re: Why does my Polo steer to the right? - Norfolk'n'good
Maybe it has got a Conservative leanings!
i asked what corner because i wondered if they were fitted the right way round.
Have you checked that the tread patterns are all the same and pointing forward?