Focus wet interior - uncle fiesta
The rain has come back and so have the wet carpets in the passenger well of my Focus.
I have read all the past threads on this subject and they all point to the scuttle panel above the pollen filter housing. This panel was supposed to have been changed under warranty during the last wet period but the chap said it was the latest type - one with the collecter scoop and there was no need.
There is still a gap between the panel and the windscreen towards the door post. Would this let water into the car?
I removed the carpets and saw that the water was dribbling from the top left hand corner of the passenger footwell.
There is also a gap on the driver side between the panel and the windscreen. Would this let water into the drivers side as the carpets always seem to be very damp.
Any advice / help would be much appreciated.
Focus wet interior - Gen
Don't know the Focus's problem but I will say this.

Sort it out soon, because you would be amazed at the amount of welding you will need in the future otherwise. Water in the footwells is one of the big car killers...in a few years of course...depends how long you're going to keep it whether to sweat about it.
Focus wet interior - Andrew-T
Can't speak for Fords, but I have gutted a 205 with saturated carpet underfelts (soundproofing) and found not a trace of rust anywhere. I would hope a modern Ford is as well rustproofed, but perhaps not ?
Focus wet interior - blank
Not sure if this is much help but... you could try to direct water from a watering can or hose (gently!) towards the area you suspect of being the problem. See if it leaks.

The only car I had leak in this sort of area had a badly sealed replacement windscreen. Took me AGES and lots of back ache to fine the source!

Good luck
Andy
Focus wet interior - AR-CoolC
Get the scuttle panel changed as soon as, the scoop is there to stop water getting into the pollen filter but if the panel is loose from the glass it does need fastening down with the Butyle tape.the scoop can only cope with a little water. Make sure thet replace the filter at the same time, if yuo have a wet filter the firs time you use the blowers on full hot you will turn the car into a sauna.
Focus wet interior - uncle fiesta
Managed to get a new scuttle panel fitted and all seemed well until it rained again! The now drying carpets were soaking again.
Took the car in to the main Ford dealer and they said that it was definately the scuttle panel leaking, common problem etc. etc. and that it hadn't been ftted properly and so on.
Anyway they refitted it and tested it and there was still water coming into the cabin.
The dash board was removed to discover that the leak was from the windscreen not sealing in one area. The windscreen which was the original factory fitted was removed and resealed. A new set of carpets have been fitted - and all done under the warranty.
All in all, a satisfactory result.
Focus wet interior - Wales Forester
I wonder how many screws they had left after refitting your dashboard?! ;-)
Seriously though - keep an ear out for any squeaks and rattles 'cos if they've not put it back properly it'll drive you mad sooner rather than later.

PP
Focus wet interior - Marcos{P}
A lot of people moan about Ford so It's nice to know that they can do warranty work without having to take them to court etc.