Mercedes W169 - MOT emissions report - the_bandit
Our petrol W169 had it's annual MOT/Service yesterday and whilst looking through the paperwork I don't see the MOT emissions report.

Does anyone know if the customer printout has been dropped now?

If this has been an oversight, is it possible for the garage to retrieve this?

Thanks.

Edited by the_bandit on 25/09/2016 at 05:50

Mercedes W169 - MOT emissions report - Wackyracer

I have never been given a printout of the emissions, I did once ask and they refused to give it to me.

Mercedes W169 - MOT emissions report - Galaxy

I was given a copy of the Emissions Print-out after an MOT test less than a month ago. Sounds like it depends upon the policy of the testing station rather than VOSA's rules.

Mercedes W169 - MOT emissions report - Wackyracer

I was given a copy of the Emissions Print-out after an MOT test less than a month ago. Sounds like it depends upon the policy of the testing station rather than VOSA's rules.

Which highlights what I said in the other thread about some MOT stations making up their own rules as they go along.

Mercedes W169 - MOT emissions report - Galaxy

I've just looked it up. Website won't allow me to edit my previous post so I've had to write a new one.

From the VOSA website:

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac...f

Section 7.3, Page 165.

It says that the Emissions Analyser must produce two copies of the Test Report. One copy must be retained by the Testing Station and the other copy has to be offered to the presenter of the vehicle.

So now you know!

This link is for petrol vehicles but I've looked at the appropriate section for diesels and it says exactly the same.

Edit.................So, if a Testing Station has refused to give you a copy of the Emissions Report you would be quite within your rights to report them to VOSA.

They might get a visit!

Edited by Galaxy on 25/09/2016 at 11:47

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

I will contact the garage tomorrow to find out where my copy is!

Mercedes W169 - MOT emissions report - elekie&a/c doctor
Although you are entitled to an emissions test report,most mot stations would only offer the test sheet if the car has failed the emission test.
Mercedes W169 - MOT emissions report - RT
Although you are entitled to an emissions test report,most mot stations would only offer the test sheet if the car has failed the emission test.

I've only used one MoT station for the last 25 years, initially at random but found so straight and honest I take all my non-warranty work there. They've always given me the emission test report, without exception.

Got in touch and now have my printout.