306 D Turbo - Gwailo
I have a 1998 S-Reg 306 D Turbo that has now covered 85,000 miles. It have done 5000miles without a hitch until last night when it wont start from cold. Turning it over it "hiccups" like it is about to start but just wont. I am not sure what to investigate first. I wait till the glowplug light goes off before cranking - no luck. Could i have a problem with a fuse/relay to do with the glowplugs? A fuel blockage? Air in the system? the injector pump has failed?

would really appreciate any advice..
306 D Turbo - Den
Try new glowplugs as my previous L reg 306 xnd had to have them replaced at 74k miles.
No problem starting after that!
Best of luck .
Den.
306 D Turbo - JohnD
If you are sure the glo-plugs are all OK, next thing to look at is fuel. Give the hand primer several pumps to clear any air is the fuel lines. The primer may be a rubber bulb, a black button on top of the filter or a pump. Whatever, use it until it feels solid. Try the starter. If the engine runs, you have air leaking in to the fuel lines, and the leak needs to be traced. If it doesn't start, you'll need to undo one of the unions at the injectors. Turn the starter and see if fuel squirts from the loose injector. If there's no fuel, suspect the solenoid on the fuel pump.
306 D Turbo - Gwailo
thanks for all your msg, i have found the problem and fixed it. My engine had 3 knackerd glow plugs and was only firing on 1 cylinder - not enuff to start it. Its fine now, it is 98model, hope the conrod doesnt go thro the block now. Has anyone any more news on these spate of failures. I make sure i change my oil every 5k and hope it runs reliably for a long time.