mazda 3 - Paint touch up - tumbledown100

I have a three month old Mazda 3 bought on a pcp deal. My wife has just driven it into a wall! Actually it was only at 1 mph and it has jest left three 1cm scuffs along the bonnet rim.

My question is, should I get it done at the main dealers or choose another (cheaper?) option. My concern is keeping its value as high as possible for when I return it on the pcp deal.

Thanks for your help.

mazda 3 - Paint touch up - RobJP

Go independent. As long as it's been done by a competent person, it shouldn't even be noticeable.

mazda 3 - Paint touch up - scot22

Agree with Rob. I know a number of cases where indpendents do the job for main dealer.

mazda 3 - Paint touch up - tumbledown100

Thanks for the advice which I'll definitely follow. Now to find a reputable independent - anyone got any recommendations around the Chiswick, West London area?

mazda 3 - Paint touch up - Avant

I used Chips Away for repairs to a scrape and a few scratches. Inevitably they are only as good as the particular operator: in my case David Notley, based in Yeovil, was absolutely first-rate.

You could find out who your local Chips Away operator(s) is/are, and then see if you can find any reviews via Google.

mazda 3 - Paint touch up - ExA35Owner

Good experience here with Chips Away. Needed to sort a bumper scuff and a bit of paint on a lease car. Done well, lease company couldn't detect the repair. Practical issue: they need clear road or driveway to work if they are working at your premises.