Passat or skoda superb? - Buying a used car within 5 years old - Duterte
I am looking to buy a used car atleast 5 years old, I'm thinking between Passat or skoda superb which one should I buy with less dpf problem? Of course within my budget of 7000 to 8000, very tight as I will be using it for livelihood as a taxi... Thanks in advance everyone....
Passat or skoda superb? - Buying a used car within 5 years old - Big John

Both the Passat and Skoda have very similar oily bits

Personally I would suggest the Superb mk II as :-

a) It would be cheaper

b) Much more rear legroom

c) The Superb 4dr is a twindoor (boot or hatch) wheras the Passat is a boot (harder to load cases etc). NB Both Estate versions are great

d) You get a reliabe manual handbrake lever

I now run a petrol mkII Superb

Edited by Big John on 27/02/2016 at 20:44

Passat or skoda superb? - Buying a used car within 5 years old - Avant

Agreed. Similar oily bits, and as the Superb was cheaper in the first place you should get a newer one for your budget.

Passat or skoda superb? - Buying a used car within 5 years old - RobJP

Don't we have a taxi owner/driver on here (Ciaran by name, possibly ?) who has a Hyundai i40 estate ? Certainly a possible alternative.

Agreed, but the used prices a problem. I looked at the Prius when I changed my trusty 2003 Superb I last year but on my budget managed to but a year old 2014 Superb II but a the same price was looking at 2009 model Prius

Passat or skoda superb? - Buying a used car within 5 years old - craig-pd130

If you can find one, a Seat Exeo is an interesting alternative. Built on the same platform as the Passat / A4 / Superb, but almost unheard of and so cheaper to buy new.

A taxi-driving acquaintance has a 2.0 diesel with DSG box, he's very pleased with it and has done some 150,000 miles since he got it. It did need a new DPF at 120,000 on the clock.

Passat or skoda superb? - Buying a used car within 5 years old - slkfanboy

I have quite a few taxi friends who in the past all had Skodas before the DPF days. A few went to Passat route more recently and ran into issues the others have toyota prius and are very happy.

Purchase price of the Prius would be your main issue, but reliably a major bonus and around town mpg far better.

Passat or skoda superb? - Buying a used car within 5 years old - expertad

Seat Exeo. Identical to an A4,vastly cheaper.Run it on the best diesel,cambelt kit every 60,000(and pump),good for a million miles.

Passat or skoda superb? - Buying a used car within 5 years old - brum

good for a million miles.

In your dreams......

Seat Exeo. Identical to an A4,vastly cheaper.Run it on the best diesel,cambelt kit every 60,000(and pump),good for a million miles.

Good common rail engine but possibly a bit tight on rear leg room for a taxi

I did consider this myself but my 6ft 5" son didn't fit without pushing the passenger front seat forward (a lot!)

Passat or skoda superb? - Buying a used car within 5 years old - slkfanboy

>A taxi-driving acquaintance has a 2.0 diesel with DSG box, he's very pleased with it and >has done some 150,000 miles since he got it. It did need a new DPF at 120,000 on the >clock.

Well nothing like taking a risk!. Prius would be my first choice