Decided - Carmad 10000
Hi,

You may recall me being on this bored a few months ago asking what car to buy for my first car.

Well i eventually went for a new Mini One after much help from everyone here.

I felt the car was the best option after a test drive and went for a nice spec. Also, the One has the benefit of the lower insurance group (5).

I ordered the car about 3 weeks ago and its due in June.

Thanks again,

Chris
Decided - HF
carmad, thank you for your post.

That is exactly what the people here need to hear.

Not us non-tech people, but those who are offering you real advice.

Good luck with your car, but please post here if any of our tech wizards say nything that helps you. they can be quite wonderful, but even the mosterful amongst us need a recognition fron time to tme ;)
HF

Decided - Citroënian {P}
Good call Chris, I'm sure you've already realise but you'll not regret it.

Just in time for the summer too!

Lee.
Decided - DavidHM
What colour/spec did you get? I'm guessing it wasn't green, with a green interior, and steel wheels...
Decided - Carmad 10000
Right well i ended up specifying more than i originally intended - lol as usual.

Went for:

MINI One 1.6

Salt pack - this has a silver interior, fog lights, interior lighting pack, rev counter, mats, storage nets on back of seats

TLC - £100 Servicing for 5 years -bargain

8 spoke Alloys (15inch)

Air Conditioning - wasnt gonna get this at first but dealer talked me into it as its a worthwhile investment.

Sports suspension - standard one doesnt have great suspension so this gives it a cooper feel

Sports seats - kaleido cloth (black with red to match exterior)

Cooper chrome pack - new pack out giving the grille, lower mesh, rear boot handle, exhaust and bumpers cooper style finish

Black paint

Really pleased with the spec as i wanted the cooper kit but with the One's performance and insurance advantages. Its costing me more than i originally wanted to spend but aspects like the air con and chrome pack will make it more desirable to sell in the future and make it more enjoyable to own hopefully.

Also, putting an aftermarket stereo in it when i take delivery of it in June.

Thanks again,

Chris
Decided - PhilW
Be careful, don't prang your lovely new car when it arrives!
Hope you enjoy it though!
Decided - Carmad 10000
Hopefully i should be ok. I have had a moped and motorbike for the past 2 years now and think im generally ok on the roads. Obviously driving is a bit different but will take it easy.....had enough of driving school's horrible little micra
:-).
Decided - Vansboy
Wot No Sunroof?
Are we to take bets on your next post being 'Which is best polish to use'
How good a discount did you manage, or did they do a deal on those Extras?
Mark
Decided - Citroënian {P}
Chris,

Good choice of spec - most of the things you've gone for would have been my choices when we got our MINI - the cooper chrome pack and Sports Suspension weren't options when we specc'd ours.

Only thing I'd consider is ASC+T; for the £100 it's quite nice to have the extra safety (you can turn it off if you're having a 'track' day), but most of all, you'll not have a gap in the toggle switches. Petty, but worth considering.

Lee.