SEAT Cordoba 2004 1.9 Diesel - Diesel problem - dadbif

I know my way around cars, but diesels are not my forte, could anyone give me a pointer as to the possible cause of this set of symptoms on my sons motor? Local garage have read his codes and say that an injector is down and he requires a new set at £1200 plus...

It is ok on long drives but cuts out in slow traffic (gears 1-3) after a long drive. Once that has happened it will only start once it has been static. In the recent break downs it would then start and run ok a few days later or would need the electrics clearing before starting. Whichever option you used then next big drive or two would cause the same problems!

Edited by dadbif on 04/02/2016 at 10:48

SEAT Cordoba 2004 1.9 Diesel - Diesel problem - hardway

The actual P codes would be a place to start,

You payed for the diagnostic then you should have been given them.

If you understood them or not!

Anyway guessing without them it appears heat related,

and an injector can fail and apear to "get better" when heat/cold are a factor.

And though I have renewed all 4 injectors that's normaly from pump internal failure and metal contamination of all the injector internals I would first try renewing only the indicated single injector first.

Back to codes!

Without P codes I'm guessing and so are you!

Contact the garage andask for the specific P codes,

or get it scanned elsewhere.

SEAT Cordoba 2004 1.9 Diesel - Diesel problem - Railroad.

Solenoid injectors on VW PD engines are incredibly reliable and rarely fail. Not so reliable is the wiring that supplies them. That's what I'd be checking first.

SEAT Cordoba 2004 1.9 Diesel - Diesel problem - slkfanboy

While I agree with the last post diagnostics action as its a common VW/Audi issue.