KIA Rio 2 1.2 manual 1 year and - 10,000 miles on - oldroverboy.

A year later and happy with the car!

It does what we ask it to, getting up close to 50ish mpg on long runs, dual carriageway and motorway, 40ish locally, so no complaints there.

Selling Dealer Lookers were fine, but I declined all the "offered extras" which would have added £1400 to the price. Car delivered clean and properly serviced, Dec 2014.

Servicing dealer here in East Essex had to have two tries at servicing as not done properly first time. A call to KIA UK sorted that one out!

Equipment levels good, no complaints at all and everything working as expected.

Steering and Brakes fine, fitted 4 new AVOn ZV5 just around 19000 miles as wanted plenty of tread before the alleged harsh winter that might be coming.

Roomy and comfortable enough, but a pit stop needed on long jouneys, but no complaints on day to day driving. Still almost 3 years warranty left, so may well keep this till warranty expires.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 08/12/2015 at 15:53

KIA Rio 2 1.2 manual 1 year and - 10,000 miles on - Avant

When putting together shortlists of possible cars, or making recommendations, it's easy to forget the Kia Rio. It sounds like a car that unobtrusively gets on with the job and does what's asked of it. That's what quite a lot of people want from their car.

KIA Rio 2 1.2 manual 1 year and - 10,000 miles on - Gordon17

I bought a Pre-Registered used Kia Soul 1.6 Petrol just under a year ago - as a Kia approved used car it came with 7 years warranty from date I purchased it. So far I've done about 5,000 miles in it - totally trouble free, but fuel consumption isn't brilliant, probably as most of the journeys are 4 miles each way to work and back. But like the Rio it just does what I need.

KIA Rio 2 1.2 manual 1 year and - 10,000 miles on - diddy1234

I drove the Hyundai i20 1.2l (same mechanicals as the Rio) and it was a good motorway plodder.

mainly due to the tall gearing in 5th gear.

Not a bad car at all

KIA Rio 2 1.2 manual 1 year and - 10,000 miles on - daveyK_UK

I like the look of the new i20

Had a new fabia as a rental car, it was a nice motor but a bit of research shows Skoda have moved the prices up and are offering very little discount.

There is no way I would pay anywhere near £10,000 for a Fabia.

I have spotted some pre reg I20's for £9,000 - with the warranty, breakdown cover and spec - it looks a tremendous deal.