306 central locking - crock
i recently bought a peugeot 306 DT N reg.
The central locking and alarm didnt work, i put this down to the key fob. Changed the flat battery to find key fob was broken, changed key fob to find that although key fob was broke, ,something else doesnt work.
Can someone please help me- a) locate the central locking control unit, or know why central locking and Alarm dont work.
Maybe the sensor in car broke >??
306 central locking - greaser pv
First thing to check/repair is wiring looms by door hinges, the wires have a common habit of breaking. Others on here will have more info for you .
wouldnt the faulty wire to door still mean every other door still works ? also alarm would work ?
Not necessarily - it upsets the whole system. You may have further problems, all I was suggesting was a quick check.
306 central locking - Dynamic Dave
Without trying to make you suck eggs Crock, you are aware the remote locking is Infra-red and not a radio signal? Thus you have to point the keyfob upwards and towards the interior light for it to see the Infra-red signal. Apologies if you already knew this. Also does the keyfob need programming to the car?
i know how the key fob would work if the sensor would recieve it, and it doesnt recieve it, i cant re-programme it due to the sensor wont recieve. dont know if this is due to sensor or some other reason. Does any one know where the central locking control unit is ???
306 central locking - Humpy
In the ZX it is under the handbrake lever cover between the two front seats. You should be able to see it throught the aperture. Maybe it's the same in the 306!!
306 central locking - Tynesider
Isn't it odd that the British built 306 has problems that don't affect the similar French built ZX?
306 central locking - Harry
I have a 306 and I had the same problem, we tried many things replacing the central locking control unit, replacing actuators but it came down to the wiring loom on the drivers side A-post. What had happened is some wires had snapped and others were on the verge of snapping, I was told this is a common fault with Peugeot 306's. It's caused by continual opening and closing of doors and also the fact that Peugeot were stupid enough to use the thinnest wires they could fine!
I rest my case m'lord. Got to be worth a look as I said originally
306 central locking - JonL
I had a L reg 306 and experienced similiar problems - central locking wouldn't lock, then the speaker and elecy window stopped working. The fault? - wiring loom. Couldn't beleive how many wires they had squeezed into the junction - very bad design.