Vectra CD Changer problem - robert
Hi,

Some advice from any of you with Vectra ICE experience.

A mate has just upgraded his CAR400 to a CCR600 + CDC2 changer. These are known good, but came from an Omega. The radio/cass works fine - but the CD Changer appears to be dead.

Its a '97 Vectra GLS. The changer just plugged into a connector already in the glove box.

My thought was power - does anyone know if the changer is fed from power from the radio or another fuse? If it has its own fuse then I guess that could be missing.

Comments/voice of experience appreciated here as he is 200+ miles away and anaxious for some remote advice.

In anticipation.

Robert
Vectra CD Changer problem - Deryck Tintagel
I have the Vectra with CCR600 and glovebox CD player (Model not known but I'll check).

I have the wiring diagrams for the Vectra so I will check for certain where the CD gets its feed from but I think that it is not the same as the radio. I would guess that it does not have an exclusive feed.

Questions:

I would assume that the CD and radio came from the same vehicle and so will not need to be programmed to talk to each other.

Is the CD player 4 or 6 disc? I have a smaller 4 disc chnager on my 2001 Vectra rather than the larger 6 disc changer than was fitted to earlier models. There is a possibility that the wiring may be different. Audio equipment usually has pin-out markings near the connector.

I'll let you know tonight or first thing tomorrow.
Vectra CD Changer problem - robert
Thanks - its the 6 CD changer & yes, they worked together in the Omega.
Vectra CD Changer problem - Deryck Tintagel
I was wrong - there IS a dedicated fuse for the CD changer. You will need to fit a 10A fuse for F34 in the fusebox just below the dash next to the driver's right knee. The handbook or the legend on the reverse of the fusebox lid will tell you where each fuse is located.

For information:

Chassis => brown wire => pins 2 and 8 on the connector
VBATT supplied via F34 => red wire => pins 3 and 9
Lighting => grey / yellow wire => pin 10
Switch supply from radio => red / white wire => pin 4

The other connections should be the audio to the radio.

Hope this helps - let me know how you get on.
Vectra CD Changer problem - xX-Duke-Xx
I have followed the details above.... Good one guys. The fuse made all the difference. I now have power to the CD changer in the glove box. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the selection onm the Stereo. It just says no cas which I assume is the cassette tape, it doesn't seem to speak to the cd changer as it is not asking for the code.... What else could I have missed?
Vectra CD Changer problem - dereckr
Remove the radio cassette unit and check that the (three)plugs from the Vauxhall harness are properly clipped into the fixing sleeve. They can become detached if the sleeve has been out for some reason, phone fitting etc.
Vectra CD Changer problem - Dynamic Dave
IIRC, the cd changer has a fuse in the back of it. Also the cd changer has a separate security code to the radio.