Toyota Yaris 1.3 Petrol 2007 - Yaris hard clutch - ulysses

Test drove a Yaris the other week at a dealer's and found the clutch very hard work. Mentioned it to the dealer and he looked into it and found the clutch was worn and seized up. He said he has replaced the entire clutch assebly so I gave it a second test drive. It does feel smoother, but still quite hard work bringing it up to biting point - I had to fight/wrestle with it to hold stop it from popping up every time.

Could there be a way of adjusting it or is it just normal for the Yaris clutch?

It is the 2007 facelift model.

Toyota Yaris 1.3 Petrol 2007 - Yaris hard clutch - bathtub tom

There's loads of them out there.

You know the answer, or else you wouldn't have bothered to post here.

Go and find yourself one without a problem, or come back here and whinge about buying a motor with a problem and asking how to resolve it!

(Edit: the OP has reported this post as offensive and says he won't come back to the forum. He posted on here asking for advice, not playground insults. Grow up.)

Edited by Avant on 19/11/2015 at 00:10

Toyota Yaris 1.3 Petrol 2007 - Yaris hard clutch - Avant

I think there is a good chance that the dealer has done the minimum of work and not replaced the whole clutch assembly. My daughter had four Yarises in a row, and none of them had a heavy clutch. So I don't think it's normal.

I agree with what Bathtub Tom would have said if he had good manners: the Yaris is quite a common model with a good name for reliability. You should walk away from this one and should easily find one without this problem: you are right to go for the 1.3 which is much livelier than the 1.0 and very little less economical.

Edited by Avant on 19/11/2015 at 00:12

Toyota Yaris 1.3 Petrol 2007 - Yaris hard clutch - Bolt

As mentioned, the clutch on the yaris is a light one and does sound like the dealer has not done the job properly, so I would steer clear of that car.

there are a lot around so it shouldnt be difficult finding another good one