How many parking infringement tickets? - Trilogy

Went to work in Cambridge on Thursday and spotted a car with a parking infringement ticket. This morning it had amassed a collection of three tickets. I wonder whether it could get one every day it is parked in the same place on double yellow lines?

How many parking infringement tickets? - Wackyracer

I don't know what the rules are regarding how many tickets can be issue for a car that has not moved but, I remember years ago there was a car parked in St Margarets in a street near a garage and it had no number plates on it, the car was covered in parking tickets and oddly so was the wall inside the garage workshops.

When I was on one contract we were delivering daily to Oxford street and the traffic wardens would be waiting on the corner of the street for us to arrive and they never bothered waiting the 20mins allowed waiting time before slapping a ticket on the paintwork of the lorry (as they were too short to reach the windscreen) one of my collegues pulled the ticket off straight away and they gave him another ticket.

How many parking infringement tickets? - lordwoody

My wife forgot to put our Ipswich parking permit on the dashboard a few months back ( we now have it in the window), when we went back to the car 3 days later it had 3 tickets. We contacted the council and they let us pay three minimum 'pay immediately' charges, £30 pounds each.

How many parking infringement tickets? - concrete

It does seem absurd that tickets can be issued 'ad infinitum'. Surely there comes a point when even Traffic Wardens realise the situation. I think that after three consecutive days of receiving a ticket and it clearly has not moved, the vehicle should be classed as abandoned and towed away. However common sense and local authority parking enforcement are not happy bedfellows!!

Cheers Concrete