Wipers - Pugugly {P}
Bit od rain fell today on the Cav, to reveal very noisy wipers on a near dry screen. The rubbers are in good nick. Is the only way around this replacement wiper blades ?
Wipers - smokie
My driver side wiper is noisyt despite new blades. I keep meaning to look at it, but it's always raining when I remember it...

I think it doesn't seem to swivel like they are supposed to...aren't they? So in one direction it is at the wrong angle to the screen.

Maybe this weekend......
Wipers - Dynamic Dave
Don't scrimp on just changing the blades. From experience, the wiper assembly pivot joints and hinges wear as well. If you take the assembly off the wiper arm and hold in your hand and give it a shake, you'll see how loose and floppy the assembly is. You can tighten the pivot joints back up again by squeezing together with pliers, but this only works if the assembly is metal and not plastic. The difference in price between just a wiper blade and the whole assembly is minimal anyway.
Wipers - guss
Try a good degreaser from your local auto shop .I find that a good clean to get all the grease off the window stops this, greatly improves visibility and prolongs the life of the wipers.
Wipers - Oz
... or a white spirit damped cloth over the windscreen and the wiper blades, followed by warm detergent solution.
Oz (as was)
Wipers - PhilW
Although the rubber "looks" in good condition it probably isn't. If when parked the blade lies flat against the screen instead of standing vertical, the blade probably doesn't flip over on each sweep leading to noise. One problem here is the cost of new blades - I saw an ad for H*lf*rds the other day which said for a Clio "from £12.99 a pair of blades" - I always buy them in France for my kids Clios for about £3 - £4 a pair. They seem good quality and changing them every 6 months is cheap and ensures good vision. Why are they so much more expensive here?
Wipers - mal
One problem here is the cost of new
blades - I saw an ad for H*lf*rds the other day
which said for a Clio "from £12.99 a pair of blades"
- I always buy them in France for my kids Clios
for about £3 - £4 a pair. They seem good quality
and changing them every 6 months is cheap and ensures good
vision. Why are they so much more expensive here?

Simple answer to that - "Ripoff Britain".
Wipers - Glutton
Rather than Halfords, have a look at German, Swedish and French or Eurocarparts. In fact anywhere but Halfords!
Wipers - dibn

Noisy wipers on my Mazda. . Tried Jif but was scared of paint damage.

Solved problem with Brillo pad wiped gently over windscreen: the jewelers rouge in the pad cleans the screen perfectly.

The noise is caused by a build up of wax on screen from car washing: you can see it when the sun is at a low angle, when it looks like paint overspray.Brillo pad fixes it.