Renault Clio - Renault Clio '53 plate - leak - ashlieghb

Hi

A few weeks ago I noticed my car was leaking on the driver's side from around the visor area. I looked over and noticed the passenger ceiling was also wet in a slightly different place and not dripping.

I took out my sunroof and found a load of bits of glass in the drainage hole on the driver's side (not from the sunroof itself so no idea how it got there! I scooped that out and driver's side has been fine since.

There was no blockage on passenger side and the water is, as I said, in a slightly different place, more towards the door than the visor. This side continues to get wet in heavy rain - it dries out quickly enough but as winter is looming I would like to sort it if possible. My mechanic wasn't really sure how to help unfortunately.

Today I was in the car when it started raining and noticed that it's starting where the fabric of the roof meets the plastic of the door lining. The rubber seal around the front of the car had been loose but when I mentioned this to my mechanic he said that shouldn't cause a problem - could he be wrong? If not, what else could it be?

Thanks

Ashliegh

Renault Clio - Renault Clio '53 plate - leak - Railroad.
The obvious place to suspect is the sunroof drains blocked. Open the sunroof and gently pour water around the channel. Water should be running out underneath as you do it. If water backs up and fills the channel then the drains are blocked. This is very common.
Renault Clio - Renault Clio '53 plate - leak - bathtub tom

I've come across the windscreen surround causing a leak at the top corners on these. It seems it can't cope with the bend as it gets older.

Suggest the only cure is to have the windscreen removed and re-fitted.