Volkswagen Polo IV - Tree sap on car - malct

I left my car at a manchester airport car park where you drive in to the airpark carpark, take out your luggage and the car park staff park up your car.

we were away for 45 days and on our return in the evening, we checked around the car for dents, but everything was ok apart from the car needing a good wash.

After getting home, I washed the car and found that the roof and bonnet was cobered in tree sap, I spent 3 days trying to remove the tree sap and finally got the car cleaned. I have notified the car park owners who confirmed that my car was parked under a tree and they have offered a exterior valet on my next visit.

I am not totally happy with the response since i may never use the comapny again, but they do say that any damage has to be reported before leaving the car park, Just feel that they should have offered something better in the way of a gusture of goodwill, Maybe a voucher or something since i had to do the work in removing the dried tree sap. offering a free valet means that i have to use them again.

My car was only a month old when i parked it up, so that made the matter worse, plus i managed to put a couple of scratches on the roof that i had to T cut out.

Volkswagen Polo IV - Tree sap on car - Wackyracer

I don't know which car parking company you used but, some of them park peoples cars in public places or in industrial estates.

If the car was that dirty they should have washed it before bringing it to you.

Volkswagen Polo IV - Tree sap on car - corax

If you ever get sap on the car again, use a clay bar. You need to use a water spray, or a combination of water and car shampoo as a lubricant as you run the bar over the paintwork, but it will get rid of all sorts of tough contaminants like sap and tar without leaving any scratches*. You'd be amazed at what it picks up on bodywork that looks clean.

*As long as you frequently fold the clay bar to present a clean surface.

Volkswagen Polo IV - Tree sap on car - NARU

Tree sap can be hard to remove. Petrol is the best solvent I've found.

Fortunately, I don't have to park under a tree any more.

Volkswagen Polo IV - Tree sap on car - P3t3r

They really should have parked it in a better place. Tree sap can be very hard to remove.

They can argue that you should have mentioned it before leaving, but it's very hard to tell how hard it is to clean without trying. If it had been outside for 45 days then I would expect it to be dirty, but normal dirt ould come off without a problem. I would always avoid parking my car under trees, especially if it's going to be there for more than a few hours.