vauxhall vectra 3ltr Diesel - Loss of power at 2000-2500 revs - Frog53

Car is fine on the flat so long as you excelorate slowly and smooth. but if you need to excelorate quickly or going up a steep hill and take it to about 2000-2500 revs, its as if something is blocking it slightly lift of the gas then a puff of black smoke and it will go. Had diesel fitter changed. any ideas please

vauxhall vectra 3ltr Diesel - Loss of power at 2000-2500 revs - rogue-trooper

Check your MAF sensor.

I once had a car that had a dodgy temperature sensor (apparently it read that it was -7ºc all the time) so the car over fueled. Was worst when on a cruise and/or going up hill.

vauxhall vectra 3ltr Diesel - Loss of power at 2000-2500 revs - Death51
Try the easier options first like you have started with the filters. A lot of dealers do not know this engine as it's essentially an Isuzu unit and reasonably rare in the vauxhall network so expect to get messed around. How do I know? I ran this car for 7 years up to 2011 and it was great remapped to 230bhp at the time and used to surprise a few one of only 2 new cars I kept after paid off, the Octavia Vrs I have now being the other.

To answer this engine suffers from SCV (Suction Control Valve) problems and gives the issues you are having, Vauxhall know about it but you may have to point the dealer in the right direction. It's not a cheap job I'm afraid due to the labour cost so as I said before check the basics first. Vauxhall Field remedy 1957 is your friend to quote if it doesn't clear.

Field Remedy: 1957
Subject: Engine Y30DT, High Pressure Pump - Lack of power during acceleration
Models: Engines: Option:
Vectra-C 2003...2007,Signum 2003...2007 Y30DT| Z30DT,Y30DT| Z30DT
Complaint: Engine lack of power during acceleration. During investigation with TECH2 a pressure drop between actual rail pressure and desired rail pressure is visible.
Cause: Blocked suction control valve (SCV) within the high pressure pump.
Production: Modified production process (earlier changing of manufacturing tools, improved cleanliness) implemented at supplier. Countermeasures were implemented with engine number 69692 (01.09.2006).

Remedy:
Before carrying out Technical Service Bulletin 1957 update ECU with modified software as of TIS 2000-DVD, version 76 (a modified software regarding high pressure diagnosis was implemented, improved DTC: P0093 detection).
If the DTC still occurs refer to the following snapshots in datalist 2 "NOK I". The snapshot shows an increased fuel flow restriction within the fuel feed circuit.
1: desired fuel pressure 2: actuel fuel pressure
We recommend to disconnect the fuel lines from the tank to the filter, blow them by compressed air (in disconnected condition) and finally to replace the fuel filter assembly.

The snapshot in datalist 2 "NOK II" shows a constant drop of actual fuel pressure and identified the suction control valves (SCV) failure.
1: desired fuel pressure 2: actuel fuel pressure

In case of an identified suction control valves (SCV) failure replace both suction control valves (SCV) of the high pressure pump as discribed below.
Important: - During the complete procedure it is obligated to work in a clean environment. - Prevent contamination at SCV area. Small contaminations, which cannot be seen by eye, can cause major problems on engine performance. Particle size of 0,3 mm, can be already critical! - Do not use gloves. - Do not use SCV in case it has been dropped. - Make sure that pressure in the system is released before loosening the pressure connection pipe between pump and rail. - Disconnect battery after failure checking procedure. Wait for a few minutes before starting SCV replacement procedure in order to prevent any system action.

Good luck.
vauxhall vectra 3ltr Diesel - Loss of power at 2000-2500 revs - Frog53

Already changed diesel filter and cleaned the K&N airfilter

It is slightly better but still not right.

Is this SCV a cheap part but the labour is very expensive as very difficult to get to. we were told about something like this by vauxhall dealer. not sure if this the same thing.

vauxhall vectra 3ltr Diesel - Loss of power at 2000-2500 revs - elekie&a/c doctor

Unfortunately this part is not cheap,around £200 from memory.The only issue you may have is that if the scv is full of debris,it could be an indication that the hi-pressure pump is breaking up,another known fault with this engine.This would probably make the car a write off ,as this is a major engine strip to replace.Btw ,you may be able to find this part (scv) as Saab old/new stock and the price is cheaper.