Nissan Primera / Qashqai - Transfer part worn tyres from Primera to Qashqai - Irfon Roderick

I have 215/50 Z R17 tyres with little wear from my (now scrapped) 2002 Primera 2.0l petrol, still on the Primera's alloys. Can I safely fit these alloys onto my 2012 Qashqai +2 which has 215/60 R17 96H fitted?

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction - Thank you.

Irfon

Nissan Primera / Qashqai - Transfer part worn tyres from Primera to Qashqai - RobJP

The only real difference will be in rolling diameter. Basically the Qashqai tyres have a rolling diameter of 2167mm, the primera tyres 2032mm. What this means in practice is that your sppedo will OVER-read. In other words, with the existing tyres if currently reading 60 mph it will read about 64 mph. If you drive to the same on the speedo, you'll actually be going a bit slower, so will probably end up getting slightly better mpg.

However, you really need to check if the 215/50 tyre size is 'officially' approved for the Qashqai (have a look in the handbook, or on door pillar for the tyre size/pressure label. If it is NOT listed, then technically your insurance could get bolshy if you had an accident, as you weren't running with the right tyre size on.

Nissan Primera / Qashqai - Transfer part worn tyres from Primera to Qashqai - gordonbennet

According to this alloy wheel site www.alloywheels.com/nissan-alloy-wheels the wheels are the same fitments but offset might vary slightly, probably depending on wheel width.

Couple of suggestions, apart from RobJP's wise words about insurance, offer a front wheel up first, if there's going to be any brake caliper or suspension strut fouling problems then the fronts are normally where it happens, check the wheel bolt length and seat design, where the bolt head sits in the wheel some are taper (angle check) some are curved so you want the right sort, either way make there's enough bolt thread coming through the wheel to ensure security whichever set of bolts you end up using.

Nissan Primera / Qashqai - Transfer part worn tyres from Primera to Qashqai - RobJP

Quite right Gordon. My apologies, I'd not read the starting post properly, and had assumed it was re-mounting the tyres onto the Qashqai wheels.