Car advice hatchback - shoebpatel31

Hi guys im after a car upto £4000, ive been looking at various options dont really want to get a petrol)i do roughly 12k a year) but ideally a diesel ive been looking at focus(05.06) but dpf puts me off. so started looking at Fiat Bravos 1.9 with descent extras.

has anyone got opinions of my choice, also dont want to go above 90k mileage and max 1.9 litre.

Thanks

Car advice hatchback - gordonbennet

For your mileage i doubt many here would suggest a modern Diesel of any make.

Car advice hatchback - dafskipman

At £4k, theres loads of focus 1.8 TDCI's about. These have a Euro 4 engine, hence no DPF. Scrutinise internet ad's carefully, and you may even find one of these as new as a 08/58 with sensible mileage well within your budget.

Car advice hatchback - jamie745

It's a tricky one because that mileage is right on the line of the standard recommendation. If you did 15k people would say diesel. If you did 10k they'd say petrol.

There's nothing really wrong with a DPF. The problem comes when they're fitted to city cars which end up doing city driving all the time. If you drive normally on normal roads most of the time it shouldn't cause you a problem.

They're not my sort of cars to be honest, I'm not interested in anything smaller than a 3 litre petrol myself but if I was looking for such a car I'd go for the Focus diesel and there's plenty out there for your budget.

Car advice hatchback - Brian Tryzers
...Fiat Bravos 1.9 with descent extras.

Parachutes?
Car advice hatchback - Avant

Shoebpatel, I don't think you're going to get very different advice from what you got in answer to your previous threads on 28 February and 4 March, which asked the same question.

If you didn't like it, I'm sorry, but we can only say what we think. Many of us don't believe that a diesel at your budget level is a good buy - although at least at that vintage there will be more cars available which don't have DPFs.