Hyundai ix35 - Thinking of buying an ix35 - any considerations? - Man without a plan

Hi folks,

I'm soon to be in the market to upgrade our 2007 Ford Fiesta - never missed a beat, just need more space to accomodate child - and its the Hyundai ix35 thats catching my eye.

A friend has one in Premium spec and I find it a nice motor, doubly so for the money he paid for it. So now - as a previous long time admirer of the Nissan Quasqai (spelling?) I am quite tempted by the ix35 too. The equivalent spec on a Quasqai or Sportage seems to be about £3k more which surprises me.

Looking at about 1 year old with <15k on the clock, 1.7 diesel manual in SE Nav or preferably Premium spec.

I know the ix35 is being replaced by the Tucson later this year but since i'm buying a year old then it would be probably 18m wait if I held out for that to the same age.

So anyway is there any concerns / considerations I should be aware of before plumping for the ix35 please?

Hyundai ix35 - Thinking of buying an ix35 - any considerations? - Trilogy

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/hyundai/ix35-2009/?s...d

Hyundai ix35 - Thinking of buying an ix35 - any considerations? - skidpan

We tried one in April 2010 the day after the model was originally introduced. During the test drive (the dealer let us take a one day old example on our own for a couple of hours) we were so impressed we went back to sort out a deal. He stunned us by saying he could take no more orders because of a shortage of engines so why did he bother. Still it was an excellent car, just a muppet of a dealer wasting a morning.

Take what is on the HJ link above with a dose of salt. One point "Report of all four injectors failing on January 2010 ix35 2.0 CRDI engine" simply cannot be true since the model was not introduced until 3 or 4 months after that.

Hyundai ix35 - Thinking of buying an ix35 - any considerations? - Murielson

Just about topost a request to try and find a spare wheel for one as don't like the diea of a can of gunk as the solution to a puncture.

Brother and I both have one an no issues to report to date. had mine since Christmas, 14 plate. Bothe looking for spare wheels.

Hyundai ix35 - Thinking of buying an ix35 - any considerations? - vale46

Hi,

As the owner of both an IX35 1.7Crdi Premium MY2012/12 (this is my second and my first was a IX35 1.7Crdi Style) and a Qashqai+2 N-Tec MY2011/11 and I'd say:

1. The warranty on the IX35 really does give peace of mind!

2. The IX35 has more width and leg room inside but it's more noisy inside from both tyre and engine and rolls more through the corners. The Nissan is quieter on the road from the engine and and mine has 18" tyres.

3. The Hyundai 1.7 diesel engine is definitely stronger, has no holes in the rev/torque range compared to the 1.5dci.

4. The sat-nav has better sound quality in the Nissan than the radio in the IX35.

5. The perceived build quality of the Nissan is better (components you touch inside etc).

6. The IX35 feels/looks more modern inside, just a bit cheaper to the touch.

7. The glass roof is really nice on both cars and children like the electric cover on the Nissan, but like the opening glass roof on the IX35 too! Although when open the roof is quite noisy from wind. Ambient temperature falls and rises if you have the covers open on either, which can lead to cold mornings or hot heads!

Either car is nice to have, they both offer more flexibility than a standard hatchback and are surprisingly fuel efficient despite their size. Both will do around 45-55mpg in diesel form, not had petrol so don't know about that.

I think I prefer the IX35 (not sure why tbh) however the Qashqai is a great car too, so hope this helps :-)

Hyundai ix35 - Thinking of buying an ix35 - any considerations? - SteVee

Hello vale46: surely you prefer the YZR-M1 over both the Nissan and Hyundai ? Especially as your battle with Marquez and his Honda are going so well at the moment.

Good Luck in Argentina this weekend :-)