KIA Cee'd - Considering buying kia sport - julz39

Hi, I am considering buying a 2009 Kia 2.0 litre sport. The car has only done 22000 miles with one owner and is only priced at 5500 i dont do many miles probably only 6000 a year but it seems a good deal, what are your thoughts. I am aware it might be needing a cambelt due to the age but it shouldnt need one straight away unless i can get it out of the dealer as part of the deal.

KIA Cee'd - Considering buying kia sport - julz39

Does anybody know how much a cam belt would cost.

KIA Cee'd - Considering buying kia sport - oldroverboy.

if a pre 2010 model should be chain cam petrol or diesel.. google it...

make sure it has had annual servicing so that should be at least 5 stamps in the book. Private or dealer? make sure you do a FULL hpi check if private.

KIA Cee'd - Considering buying kia sport - skidpan

All 2 litre Ceeds (petrol and diesel) were cam belt. The 2 litres were discontinued when the Ceed was facelifted in 2009 for 2 reasons, the engines could not be made Euro 5 compliant and they only sold in very small numbers.

If its a diesel it will have a DPF. The old 2 litre engine used needed one even for Euro 4 wheras the 1.6 was fine until Euro 5 required a DPF by law.

As said above make sure its got a full service history preferably at a Kia garage. Ceeds are service every 12 months and any missed stamps will mean the Kia warranty has lapsed. Also check for body inspection stamps. These are required every year and only a Kia dealer can carry ut this check. No stamp no warranty.