Ford Fiesta Zetec Titanium - Ford - fordfan45

RE heated windscreen...I purchased my car 2 months ago. after driving the car for a couple of weeks in daylight I then drove at night. To my horror the light from oncoming cars, traffic lights and street lights were breaking up into pixels which distorted the view from my windscreen so much that I cannot drive safely at night. I complained to Ford who said they could not replace the heated windscreen but they would put a plain glass screen in, which would cost me £400 plus.One of the reasons I bought the car was because of the heated windscreen as many cars that I had purchased in the past had also.I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had the same experience.

Ford Fiesta Zetec Titanium - Ford - RobJP

I'd suggest giving the screen a gentle wash on the inside, you may find that there is a residue of some sort from cleaning/waxing compounds on it which may have caused this.

Like you, I've also had cars with the same Ford tech heated front screen in the past with no issues.

Ford Fiesta Zetec Titanium - Ford - fordfan45
That has been done ,but it didn't improve the vision through the screen that much.thanks for the suggestion.
Ford Fiesta Zetec Titanium - Ford - Ben 10
I've had several different Ford models with heated front screens.
Like you at night I found it needed getting used to. You need to focus your eyes past the screen so the wires are not an issue. You do become used to it. If you focus on the screen itself while dark you will be distracted by the internal wires.
Give it more time as it is really useful on mornings like we've been having. Otherwise it's the cost of a new plain screen.
Ford Fiesta Zetec Titanium - Ford - Mike H

No idea if it's the same technology, but I had no problems with the heated windscreen on our 1996 Mondeo. Perhaps you just need to get used to it.

Ford Fiesta Zetec Titanium - Ford - brum

I found on my alhambra when the screen was new, the fine wires were fresh shiny silver coloured and tended to reflect light causing this disturbing diffraction effect. After a couple of years, I found the wires had dulled (presumably oxidised) and the effect is much less.

by turning the screen on several or more times, it may accelerate this burning in process, helping in reducing the problem.

Ford Fiesta Zetec Titanium - Ford - jc2

Could also be early stage of cataracts;I've owned several Fords with heated windscreens,including two current Fiestas and never had any concern.

Ford Fiesta Zetec Titanium - Ford - skidpan

Had a heated screen on a 1999 Puma, 2012 Mondeo and a 2005 Focus. They were brilliant. If you concentrated on the screen you could see the fine elements in the glass but neither myself or the wife had an issue, probably because we concentrated on the road and not the screen.

Ford Fiesta Zetec Titanium - Ford - alan1302

Sounds very much like a problem with your actual eyesight rather than the cars windscreen.

Ford Fiesta Zetec Titanium - Ford - Avant

Fordfan, I wouldn't be so rude as to suggest that your eyesight is at fault - but do you wear glasses? It's possible that the wires in the screen may react with certain types of lenses, depending on your prescription.

But a useful tip results from this thread - if you are thinking of buying a car with a heated windscreen, you should ideally try it at night. That might be more easily said than done....