ford Mondeo lx 2.0tdci 115 bhp - injection pump - paddykerrie

Can I use an injector pump from a 2003 ford Mondeo zectec 2.0tdci 115 bhp? They are very hard to find second and the pump to buy new is £1500?

ford Mondeo lx 2.0tdci 115 bhp - injection pump - Railroad.
What's wrong with your pump?

Just stopped working! No warning signs, put it on the diagnostics computer came up the injector pump and injectors were at fault!

A classic example of someone who reads diagnostic fault codes and takes what they say as gospel.

The computer is a dumb programmed machine that expects to read information in the form of a voltage or waveform. If you bashed the pump to bits with a hammer it wouldn't work any more, but how would the computer know that, and what would it see the fault as being? Would it even recognise that there was a fault with it. You must stop thinking like a person with a brain and start thinking the way a computer sees things. The computer cannot apply common sense or reason. Do you see where I'm going with this?

My guess is changing your pump and injectors will cost a fortune and cure nothing. You need to work with the information you have and start digging to find your fault.
ford Mondeo lx 2.0tdci 115 bhp - injection pump - Peter.N.

I take it you mean the diesel HP pump, common rail engines don't have an injector pump. If its the same as or similar to the Citroen/Peugeot pumps there is a pressure regulator screwed to the back end of the pump, these cause most of the running or not problems.

I have practically taken the whole car apart to find the fault and the diagnostic computer was a last resort. She tries to start then just chokes herself out. Thought the cat was blocked but it wasn't that. My brother has a 2003 2.0tdci zetec and I was just wondering if the pump and the injectors are the same, same bhp but different year and model.

Perhaps the engine isn't drawing air. Try disconnecting the whole air intake system so that the engine draws air directly into the inlet manifold. A stuck open EGR valve would cause the engine to draw back its exhaust gasses, and the engine will not run on that.
ford Mondeo lx 2.0tdci 115 bhp - injection pump - focussed

It's the same old tale with teaching engineers to diagnose old style diesel problems.

Q -The engine's stopped! What is the most likely problem?

A-Must be the fuel injection pump (it's the most complicated piece of equipment on the engine - I don't understand it so that must be the problem)

Q- Couldn't possibly be that it's run out of fuel then?

A- Oooohhhh!

Diesel tank over 3/4 full. Tried disconnecting air intake and it wasn't that. I love this car and have had it this past 6 years and I don't want to scrap it. If hp pump doesn't work I don't know!

Could it be a timing chain or pump drive fault?

No not chain either. Just found out that I can use the high pressure pump and injectors from my 2003 so after flushing the engine we will soon see! Fingers crossed!

I'd be amazed if the pump was the problem, unless its suffered some catastrophic failure that you haven't told us about. It's mechanical and has no communication with the ECM at all. The common rail system has a pressure regulator, a pressure relief valve and a fuel pressure sensor. A fault with any of these would cause a problem, as would a lack of fuel to the pump or broken pump drive. As for the injectors it's almost inconceivable that all four have failed, unless they have suffered abuse. These are controlled by the ECM. They're switched by a high voltage. Do you have a scantool? Have you checked fuel rail pressure? Have you got a good crankshaft RPM signal? Is the camshaft sensor working? Check these before you condemn the pump, which is highly unlikely to be the fault.