Ford Mondeo 1.8 tdci MK4 - car stalls when you tap acceletatior at idel - wavecars

Hi I'm having problems with my mk4.

It had an engine change as the cam snapped in 2 place and now it's not running right.

Problems are:-
1) if you tap the acceleratior when still the idel revs go up and down and then stall.
2) big puffs of black smoke

The only fault code that it keeps bringing up is :- Code P0380 – Glow plug/Heater Circuit A

I would appreciate any help.

Ford Mondeo 1.8 tdci MK4 - car stalls when you tap acceletatior at idel - Railroad.
Your fault code is a red herring as far as this problem is concerned. You most likely have a glow plug/s or power supply fault. This will not cause the engine to run as you have described.

Your idle problem is most likely due to air ingress in the fuel system. Check all fuel pipes back to the fuel tank, and especially around the fuel filter area. Air is getting in somewhere.
Ford Mondeo 1.8 tdci MK4 - car stalls when you tap acceletatior at idel - wavecars
Your fault code is a red herring as far as this problem is concerned. You most likely have a glow plug/s or power supply fault. This will not cause the engine to run as you have described.

Your idle problem is most likely due to air ingress in the fuel system. Check all fuel pipes back to the fuel tank, and especially around the fuel filter area. Air is getting in somewhere.

I have checked the fuese and relay and all seem fine. i will get the glow plugs changed tomorrow.

When you tap the acceletatior the revs go up and down a few time and sometimes stalls but if you dip the clutch and tap it the revs are worse and stalls everytime.

Some times when it stalls you have to turn the car over a few times to make it start.

Ford Mondeo 1.8 tdci MK4 - car stalls when you tap acceletatior at idel - Peter.N.

Sounds like air ingress as railroad said.

I have checked all fuel pipes can cant find any leaks or splits.

I have tried the crank sensor but still no luck.

Anything else you can think of?