Roadside recovery recommendations - Happy Blue!

Just had our RAC renewal. Looking at better prices but could do with recommendations for alternatives who offer good service. Is Green Flag still good?

Roadside recovery recommendations - RT

On the three occasions I've need Green Flag in the last 15 years (2 accidents, 1 breakdown) they've been excellent - on previous occasions AA and RAC have been very tardy but that's going back too far.

NB - Basic Green Flag cover may be breakdown/recovery only - my deal uses Green Flag from a 3rd party and covers breakdown, accident and illness.

Roadside recovery recommendations - bathtub tom

Have a look at Autoaid and see if it meets your requirements: www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

I've used it for the past few years and on the one occasion I needed to use it (broken diff), they did everything they promised.

I could've saved money if I'd just paid and not subsribed to Autoaid!

Roadside recovery recommendations - parfour

100% support for Green Flag from me. I was with the AA for nearly 40 years but their assumption that they had me for life (premiums rising by 30% annually) caused me to shop around. Green Flag seemed to be as good as any so I took the plunge. My wife and I have had cause to call them out (home visits) 3 times in 3 years - battery problems after long periods of non use-and they have been swift and efficient each time. More importantly, the premiums have hardly increased at all, in fact on the last call I had to speak to an adviser because I couldn't remember if my wife's car was in the deal and the lady to whom I spoke advise me that I had been paying slightly over the odds for our cover and arranged for a modest refund (£7).

Roadside recovery recommendations - leef

Remember that if you give them a call (RAC) or the (AA) for that matter they will reduce the price by at leat 25% when you threaten to leave them. the renewals come in higher every year, them hoping you'll do nothing and just pay it.

Very naughty of them, but if your wiling to play along and call them, you'll usually get it cheaper than the previous years.

Lee

Roadside recovery recommendations - skidpan

Aviva rescue.

We have a policy that covers both myself and the wife in whatever car we are driving or passenger in. We have cover for rescue, recovery and at home but not european travel.

So we are covered for our 4 cars for about £50 a year.

On the couple of occations we have alled them its the RAC that attends. In fact the number provided by Aviva goes strait through to the RAC.

Roadside recovery recommendations - jc2

Britannia Rescue-quickest and best.

Edited by jc2 on 17/12/2014 at 10:52

Roadside recovery recommendations - gordonbennet

I was with Autohome (Northampton) for years, can't fault them, but around the price of AA/RAC.

Been with AutoAid for two years, have not needed them so can't comment on the service.

As for the phoning up to get a better price, AA and RAC have joined Brit Gas in my '''never will you see another penny of my money mate'' list, as a loyal customer i expect to be treated fairly including the price i pay, take me for granted or take the mick equals cheerio..

I have a similar outlook with a certain fast fitting joint and their exhaust price matching lark, if they think for one minute that i would give my business to someone who would overcharge me unless i had the nous to go elsewhere for a quote first, not a hope in hell, i'd rather make me own exhaust out of old scaffold pipes.

Roadside recovery recommendations - focussed

"old scaffold pipes"

So that'll be Bend it like Bennet?

Roadside recovery recommendations - gordonbennet

Very good, and purely out of interest, someone in the family was one of the lady football players in the film.

Edited by gordonbennet on 19/12/2014 at 16:55