Peugeot 308 - How do I stand? - T16TWR

Good Mornig all

I bought a NON Runner 308, I Checked the Usual & replaced the Usual after a full service, when the car was bought the previous owner has had the same problem, he was told it was the Pump Solinoid, I replaced with new, new Peugeot Filter etc, Filled up the filter before replacing, battery full of charge, car started & ran for about 20 mins the pettered out,the car will now, not start I was told there was no pressure to the Injector line, I towed the car to a local Diesel Doctor, after a week due to people off for hols I ran him yesterday to be told that there was a Fault within the wiring loom that has caused a NON Sigal getting to the ECU to reduce the fuel lines pressure????????? my Question, the car is a 2008, done 58000, is there cause for a warrantee Issue with peugeot? I have never heard of this before, has anyone on H.J. Heard of this? has anyone had this fuel problem? I would be very happy if you could advise me, I do my own repaires but this Issue has me stumped.

Regards Trebor.

Peugeot 308 - How do I stand? - madf

You bought a non working car. It is siz years old. Peugeot's warranty period is iirc 3 years.

In addition you worked on teh car . I assume you are not a qualified mechanic.

No chance whatsoever of anyone giving you any warranty.

Thanks for your replies, I have checked the Pug Sites and it seems there was a batch Faul with the LOOMS in 2007 / 8, I have contacted Peugeot UK to see if this car's LOOM has been changed, I do understand the age of the car + the 3 year Warrantee, Irrespective of me working on the car I would have thought if the Loom even though the car is of this age & the loom is causing the problem & SHOULD have been changed & had NOT, there is cause for concern, I shall let H.J. know.

TWR.

Peugeot 308 - How do I stand? - Gibbo_Wirral

Its hit and miss with Peugeot and recall repair. I bought a second hand 307, registered with Peugeot as the new owner, and was notified about one recall which hadn't been carried out, which was sorted FOC, even though the car was several years old and I was the second owner.

But there's also a known design flaw with the wiring to the brake switch which they wouldn't pay for. Luckily it was only £24 for the uprated cable.

The biggest fault that many 308 and 207 and 407 owners now have are with the earth cable in the wiring loom to the left rear light cluster burning out. As far as I know they're not paying for the repairs to that.

Thank Gibbo

I am awaiting a response from Peugeot UK Regards what recalls my car has had, did they give you a Courtesy car? how long did the job take?

TWR.

Peugeot 308 - How do I stand? - skidpan

You bought a non working car that is well out of any warranty (3years out of warranty). Hopefully the price reflected that fact.

Now if I understand this correctly you want Peugeot to fix it for you FOC.

Why should they. Buying anything that does not work is a risk. If you are lucky it can be cheap, if you are unlucky it could mean the car is scrap because of the cost of the repair.

Since the person you bought it off did not fix it I suspect that means it was not a cheap repair and they cut their losses and sold it as a non-working car