Mazda 3 - mazda 3 1.6 diesel oil temp minus 40? - Markymark0161

Hi Guys, i was having problems with my turbo, after some checking and plugging in the snap on machine it turns out that my DPF was so clogged up the turbo would not engage because the pressure was too high. I have managed to do a manual re-gen and clear the DPF out, the problem i am having is that the oil temp is saying minus 40. i think that because the ECU is getting the reading of minus 40 degrees the DPF will not re-generate its self. my first thought was that the oil temp gauge was faulty, but i cant seem to find where the oil temp gauge is. i thought it may have been in the oil pressure switch but that only has one wire from it which i think just tells the computer weather the switch is on or off. does anyone know where the oil temperature reading comes from? its a 2006 mazda 3 1.6 diesel. since changing the air flow sensor and cleaning the egr valve out and doing the DPF re-gen it is running alot better and the turbo is engaging as it should. i just dont want the DPF to clog up again so want to get this oil temp reading sorted.

Long story short, how does the car get the oil temp reading?

Apologies for the long post, and thanks in advanced for your help

Mazda 3 - mazda 3 1.6 diesel oil temp minus 40? - Bolt

Are you sure its not the external temp its reading from the sensor under the front bumper,Im not certain there is an oil temp sensor only an oil pressure sensor

short slow journeys will cause dpf blockages

Mazda 3 - mazda 3 1.6 diesel oil temp minus 40? - Markymark0161

thanks for your reply. i dont think it could be that sensor, as it was coming up on the snap on diagnostics machine that it was the oil temp. i also didnt think there was an oil temp sensor but it must be getting a reading from somewhere.

Thanks again.

Mazda 3 - mazda 3 1.6 diesel oil temp minus 40? - Janos

Hello, have you figured it out where it gets the -40C reading? I have similar problem and just found out that there is no oil temp sensor fitted to this model. Long story short, mine says egr stuck closed even though it is replaced by a new. There is a new turbo + new fuel filter.. I checked on Delphi ds150 and it says the oil temp -40? Don't know if it matters though.

Ta