2005 VW Polo 1.2 - Running Problems - PX-230A
I'm having a few minor running problems with my car - I recently had the fuel filter replaced and the brake fluid renewed (and bled properly)...I'm not sure if these issues are related but they've only come about since. Car has 150k on the clock and original clutch...mainly motorway miles.

- The clutch feels really soft and smooth (unusually smooth, maybe new fluid has done this.). When I change gear, no matter how violently I release the pedal there is no feeling of it going into gear (no jolt etc) even though it goes into gear fine. I'm thinking maybe I need to bleed it because it shares the same fluid as the brakes and maybe there is air in the system after the fluid was renewed. Biting point seems fine. More evident in gears 1 to 3. No problems selecting gears.

- When I take my foot off the accelerator while cruising in whatever gear, the revs seem to freeze and take a while to start dropping...maybe this is new to me because the fuel filter is brand new and the fuel flow is stronger into the engine therefore the revs are staying constant longer?

- When I go on the accelerator after changing gear, there is a slight delay before I have power. The clutch isn't slipping or anything. Have had a new air filer and spark plugs not too long ago. Car revs instantly when revved out of gear and stationary.

Have scanned the car and no errors apart from the cat (it's on its way out and had been for a while). Can air in the clutch system cause all the other symptoms? The clutch is fine and not slipping.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by PX-230A on 10/09/2014 at 23:52

2005 VW Polo 1.2 - Running Problems - PX-230A
Just to add to this, there is a squeak from the gearbox area when the pedal is released...which is weird because it has a hydraulic clutch and no cable surely?