toyota verso peugout 5008 - toyota verso or pug 5008. Pls advise - deanbrill

Sorry this is the usual thread about which car. I have done alittle research and also test driven both cars ( albeit new models)

My budget was originally 6k/7k but I have waited alittle longer and is set at 10k max

I have need for kids ( currently 2 nearly 3) and.comfort as prioity but don't want the lowest spec.engine on both

I drive mainly urban but commute about 20 mins to work mon to Fri on a roads so I think petrol or diesel would be OK

I have settled on either a toyota verso probably petrol 1.8l auto

Or a pug 5008 either petrol 1.6( higher bhp engine)l or diesel 2.0l.

Both these models give alittle more than the basic 1.6 models either petrol or diesel.

I like the nippy feel to the toyota although it's drawback is the interior room. Also I like the idea of auto for easier driving but would a manual car this size still be relatively easy?

Any advise?

toyota verso peugeot 5008 - toyota verso or pug 5008. Pls advise - Avant

Personally I'd go for the Verso. You're buying secondhand and inevitably you are dependent on how well a previous owner has treated the car. Japanese cars seem better able to withstand any abuse or neglect.

The 2.0 diesel Verso is quite lively and better to drive than magazine road tests imply. Toyota GB have replaced it, for no good reason, with a 1.6, but this is quite recent and so you should find plenty of 2.0s around.

You could find a good Peugeot but it's more of a gamble: electrics tend to be unreliable, and I would never buy a car where you have to go through several electronic menus just to change the heater temperature.

toyota verso peugout 5008 - toyota verso or pug 5008. Pls advise - VEC786

TOYOTA OVER PUG EVERY TIME.

Petrols seem to go less wrong, as with diesel you have DMF, EGR, DPF, INJECTOR issues.

although Toyota diesels have proven good reliability favourited by taxi drivers.

my advice would be if you do less than 10,000-12,000 go for a petrol.

toyota verso peugout 5008 - toyota verso or pug 5008. Pls advise - scot22

Three years ago I bought a diesel - MISTAKE. It did not suit our motoring Problems with issues quoted above : EXPENSIVE. Since then I have become a forum user and picked up more knowledge. Next time definitely petrol.

Now I know some more - still lots to learn - I agree 100% with advice given..

toyota verso peugout 5008 - toyota verso or pug 5008. Pls advise - coopshere
If you are considering an automatic gearbox then be aware that the 5008 is not, it is an automated clutch which is an awful drive from experience. Also agree with the above comments and unless you are doing high mileage would suggest a petrol engine would be best long term.