Used motorcycle overheated and a dealer - bikermark

I purchased a bike from a local used dealer within the last three months and it's still under warranty by 2 weeks but yesterday the cooling fan packed up resulting in the engine boiling over

In my mind the garage can fix the cooling fan issue but can't guarantee any long term internal damage has been caused without stripping the engine down which I understand is impractical

i feel the bike is "tainted" do I have any legal right to ask for a refund, partial refund or replacement with a similar bike?

Used motorcycle overheated and a dealer - brighteyes
None whatsoever unless you can prove that the bike suffered other damage caused by the overheating. As far as I can see you have two options, 1) stop worrying about what might be and enjoy the open road to your hearts content 2) pay to have the bike inspected (which in this case would be a full strip down) and be prepared to pay if they find nothing wrong, which is more than likely. If there was any other damage there should be clues eg blue smoke, excessive oil consumption, noisy top end. If none of these then take tip no.1 and stop worrying.
Used motorcycle overheated and a dealer - craig-pd130

Agree with the post above, boiling over doesn't automatically mean that further problems have been caused.

If the fan didn't kick in, I am guessing it boiled over in traffic / around town, rather than on the open road?

Get the dealer to fix the fan (could be a dodgy relay or wiring, or a sticking thermostat) put fresh coolant in and see how it goes. Good luck.

Used motorcycle overheated and a dealer - Cyd

One of the advantages of a water/glycol coolant mix is that with a 50/50 mix and a 1bar cap the boiling point is about 115C. This is way below the temperature required to cause serious damage to the engine - provided of course that you shut down once boiling had occured.

I would get the fan fixed, have the cooling system flushed and replenished - then ENJOY.

Flushing will help ensure there is no underlying problem such as a partial blockage.

Used motorcycle overheated and a dealer - AlastairM

Agree with the above, fan would normally only cut in when stopped in traffic on a warm/hot day. Normal running should keep engine to a normal temprature. If you shut down or did not leave it running whilst stopped, no damage should have occurred. You need to have the temp sender, the thermostat and fan checked.

Used motorcycle overheated and a dealer - focussed

This bike is an FJR 1300 isn't it?. And you posted for advice on an FJR forum on 09-08-2014 and got lots of positive advice. So didn't you like the advice offered and wanted a second opinion?