Daihatsu Hijet 1.3 16v 2001 - Headlight Pattern Help - suley1990

Hi

I couldn't find any Headlights in the UK so i bought Headlights from Italy, the seller assured me that the Headlights are Legal in the UK, my old Headlights say E9 on them and the New ones say E4 which i believe are from Netherlands on them but the Headlight Pattern is different, the seller also said that

Starting in 2011, all vehicles in the ECE must have one of the
following approvals.
According to the law their assembly is permitted (if your car does not
have legal, you can add, like you do with the fog lamps),
Brands approvals in Europe:

E1 - Germany E2 - France E3 - Italy E4 - Netherlands E5 - Sweden E6 - Belgium E7 - Hungary E8 - Czech Republic E9 - Spain E10 - Yugoslavia E11 - United Kingdom E12 - Austria E13 - Luxembourg E14 - Switzerland E16 - Norway E17 - Finland E18 - Denmark E19 - Romania E20 - Poland E21 - Portugal E22 - Russian Federation E23 - Greece E24 - Ireland E25 - Croatia E26 - Slovenia E27 - Slovakia E28 - Belarus E29 - Estonia E31 - Bosnia and Herzegovina E32 - Latvia E34 - Bulgaria E37 - Turkey E40 - The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia E42 - European Community E43 - Japan

So if the headlights have one of these approvals are perfectly normal
for the movement.

Any help will be well appreciated as i am a little confused as to whether this information is true or false.

Thanks

Daihatsu Hijet 1.3 16v 2001 - Headlight Pattern Help - elekie&a/c doctor
I was in Italy last week,I,m sure they were driving on the other side of the road,and the lights dip to the right,so Italian headlights are no good for this country.

The Headlights they have send me are E4 Marked which are supposed to be from the Netherlands, i have been told that they will be ok for use in the UK, i want to know if these Headlights will pass MOT in UK

Daihatsu Hijet 1.3 16v 2001 - Headlight Pattern Help - RobJP

Nobody can tell you for definite if they will be suitable or not. But probably not - all the rest of europe drives on the other side of the road to us, so the headlight lenses are set up differently.

i think i will have to take my Headlights to an Mot centre as everyone on various online forums and blogs have a different opinion and some have said that they are legal in the UK as they are E4 marked, other say they are for Left Hand Drive vehicles only.

Daihatsu Hijet 1.3 16v 2001 - Headlight Pattern Help - skidpan

Lights in the UK dip to the left, in every other European country (including Italy and Holland) lights dip to the right because they drive on the opposite side. Some cars with projector lights have a simple device under the bonnet that changes the dip direction, most cars do not have this device.

On the lens there is always an arrow that shows the dip direction.

When people from the UK visit the continent they have to place temporary masks on certain parts of the lens to stop the lights blinding oncoming drivers, continental drivers in the UK should do the same.

If you put lights set up for the continent on a car that is presented for the UK MOT it will fail. Fitting temporary masks is not a solution since as the word suggests they are for temporary use only.