Ford Focus 1.8 2000 - High revs - rw3399

Hi everyone

I'm desperate for help with my car. My partner recently done a service on the car and has replaced the idle control valve. He also removed, cleaned and replaced the injectors He cleaned the throttle body and started the car but the revs went really high and didn't come down. He read somewhere that aggresively cleaning the throttle body can take off a coating so we purchased a second hand throttle body and fitted it. The revs are still high. He tried taking it round the block but the temperature went up really quickly. We have no idea what the problem could be as Ford says it needs reprogramming and a local garage says it's an air leak, but he can't find one anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Ford Focus 1.8 2000 - High revs - elekie&a/c doctor
Why would anyone remove the injectors for cleaning ?perhaps the O ring seals around the injectors are damaged,letting in excess air.was it running ok before?
Ford Focus 1.8 2000 - High revs - rw3399
Why would anyone remove the injectors for cleaning ?perhaps the O ring seals around the injectors are damaged,letting in excess air.was it running ok before?

He thought he was doing the right thing by ensuring everything was clean and changing gaskets, seals. There was a major build up of carbon. Everything was running fine before hand.