VW Passat 1.9TDI Sport - Airbag Warning - vwfto

Evening all,

Last week I let the long haired colonel (missus) borrow the car, she managed to not crash it but the following day I noticed the airbag warning light flash up on start. I asked her if she had done anything and the reply was "I only moved the seat". This sounded the alarm bells as I know I have read somewhere that there is an airbag sensor under both front seats. So I am assuming that the sensor has been damaged.

What I am asking for is:
a) can anyone verify this is the fault?
b) if so, then does anyone know how to do it? Is it easy enough?

I have a Passat 1.9TDI Sport 2003 (with a vanilla tree :hyst )

Thanks

Dan

VW Passat 1.9TDI Sport - Airbag Warning - Simon
Wiggle the seat belt pre-tensioner connector located under the drivers seat. It will most likely solve your problem.
VW Passat 1.9TDI Sport - Airbag Warning - vwfto

Cheers fella - ill give that a go.

VW Passat 1.9TDI Sport - Airbag Warning - The-Mechanic

Sounds very much like the airbag wiring plug has lost it's connection when the seat was moved. This was a known issue when I worked at a VW dealership and the fix was to remove the seat, cut off the yellow connector and solder extension wires in.

I used to undo the four spline headed bolts that hold the seat and tilt the seat back to get clearance to the underside rather than take the seat out completely to repair the wiring.

You will need to get the car plugged into a diagnostic scanner as the warning light won't go off till the error memory has been cleared.

Good luck with it.