Rover 25, 1.4 model - Rubber boots on front wheels - Delysher

How long would it take to replace both the rubber boots on both front wheels of a Rover 25 1.4, Year 2000 model.

What would it likely cost for each boot to be replaced on each front wheel and how long dioes the job take to complete.

I know you can get the DIY universal version of the rubber boots that come in two half sections that you glue together. What any feed back on using them.

Anyone know someone in the Birmingham area where I live that woulds not rip me off.I live near to the Airport.

best regards

Delysia

Rover 25, 1.4 model - Rubber boots on front wheels - RobJP

I'd pop into a few garages and ask for a price - probably the best bet. Virtually any garage should have the tools to do the job properly.

The 'DIY' type have a terrible failure rate. Unless you want to be repeating the job in a few months, or paying for it to be done properly in a few months, I wouldn't go there.

Rover 25, 1.4 model - Rubber boots on front wheels - Cyd

Try Cory's in Rugby. He's in HJs good garage guide.

Cory is a car nut! He's been working on cars for decades. He's very knowledgeable and a really nice chap. He's also popular so you will have to book up about a fortnight in advance.

Rover 25, 1.4 model - Rubber boots on front wheels - Bolt

My Rover same as yours cost £60 to have both replaced and took 40 minutes to do,which is about right, garage supplied parts

Edited by magnit on 07/05/2014 at 10:07