Renault Trafic 1.9dci - Cut out on motorway and won't start - jimgixer6

My Renault Trafic cut out on motorway. 70mph Pre heat light came on. It turns over but wont fire .

Diagnostic says DF056 mass airflow. Changed it and still wont start.Changed EGR. No joy.

Diagnostic also said left front wheel speed sensor but that shouldn't stop it firing up should it?

I'm at the end of my nerves as i'm stuck out here in sweden and need to get home to uk asap.

Please help.

Thanks

James

Renault Trafic 1.9dci - Cut out on motorway and won't start - elekie&a/c doctor
You will need to get some live data values to go any further.Most importantly,engine speed and fuel pressure when cranking.

I have replaced crank and cam sensors and also put in a new fuel rail pressure switch.

I took the back of the pump off and the shaft is still intact and pumping. If i fire easy start in the intake it tries to start but thats as far as it gets..

Any more ideas??

Thanks

Renault Trafic 1.9dci - Cut out on motorway and won't start - Railroad.
Go back to basics. Diesel engines need air and fuel. Can you see smoke puffing from the exhaust when you crank the engine? If so then fuel is being injected. If not then it isn't.
Does the engine draw clean air when you crank it? You said a mass airflow fault was present. Are you sure the engine is actually drawing fresh air and not pulling back its exhaust gasses?
These are the things you should be checking first, before you delve into the complicated stuff.
Renault Trafic 1.9dci - Cut out on motorway and won't start - elekie&a/c doctor

Ok,so you changed all the bits with dirty labels.What fuel pressure do you have at the injector rail?Also is the camshaft timing correct?It is not uncommon on these for the keyway in the camshaft sprocket to break and upset the valve timing.

Renault Trafic 1.9dci - Cut out on motorway and won't start - slkfanboy

When changing the MAF did the error code go away? Further try not connecting the MAF and see what happens

Alex

Renault Trafic 1.9dci - Cut out on motorway and won't start - ddr

It should run like the clappers on easy-start albeit for only a few seconds.

If it doesn't start and rev on easy start you have some more serious problems - timing/compression.

On live data it has good fuel rail pressure. Activated fuel sensors on diagnostics and they were ok. Have a DF195 camshaft sensor /engine speed consistency signal fault or missing/ Intermittent code. Also a DF056 Mass air flow sensor short circuit to ground or open circuit/ Permanent has popped up again

Im going round in circles with this surrender monkey fabricated heap of s***..

Anyone think of anything else or do i just burn the s*** heap..

Renault Trafic 1.9dci - Cut out on motorway and won't start - dieselnut

You seem to be getting fault codes that are intermittent & inconsistent.

Renault also seem to suffer from more than their fair share of wirring loom problems.

I would get hold or a wiring diagram for the ECU & start checking individual wires that are being affected, starting with crank/ cam sensors. Check there are no stray earths or voltages appearing. Check the engine bay wiring loom for any chafing or tight bends.

Renault Trafic 1.9dci - Cut out on motorway and won't start - madf

Check the cambelt and timing, I suspect a broken belt or jumped teeth...