Peugeot 306 Hdi 2002 - Autel Maxidiag EU702 code reader - cansaintsstayup

Hi guys,

I bought this code reader a few year ago and have used it several times to reset the MIL. I've used the OBD11 generic data embedded in the reader. I now have an airbag intermittent fault which I've been trying to sort out. However this particular reader does not have the specific Peugeot data embedded to enable me to read the airbag codes. When I bought it it came with the data for several makes including Peugeot on a CD together with a CD which is supposed to enable you to delete embedded data files that you don't require giving room to add files from the data CD which you do need. It's supposed to work with a PC running Windows but I haven't had any success with it. So the question is has anyone else out there managed to delete and add data to there Maxidiag EU702 code reader? If so what version of Windows did you use? I've been onto Autel but they're no help as they say they don't support this model nowadays.

Peugeot 306 Hdi 2002 - Autel Maxidiag EU702 code reader - elekie&a/c doctor
The happy shopper obd scanners generally only work for engine control systems.To interrogate the airbag system would need something more expensive.however,air bag faults on these are often caused by poor connections under the seats to the belt tensioner systems.
The happy shopper obd scanners generally only work for engine control systems.To interrogate the airbag system would need something more expensive.however,air bag faults on these are often caused by poor connections under the seats to the belt tensioner systems.

Thanks for coming back elekie. You're probably right but I plugged it into my daughter's Volvo and it came up with an option to read the airbag codes so I was hoping it might just be able to help out on the Pug.

I've soldered the connections under the seats and replaced the steering wheel ring but still get intermittent air bag light. It usually resets when you switch off but not always. Probably need to clean the connections to the air bag control box next.

Peugeot 306 Hdi 2002 - Autel Maxidiag EU702 code reader - jc2

Volvo,IIRC,used OBDI&II technology.Peugeot use EOBD.Whilst very similar they are not identical.

Peugeot 306 Hdi 2002 - Autel Maxidiag EU702 code reader - Gibbo_Wirral

It could be the seat belt pre-tensioners - if they're faulty they'll also put on the warning light.

To save you some time and money in not throwing parts at the problem, it might be worth doing a Planet diagnostic, as that will tell you exactly which one is faulty. Dealers do them for around £80+VAT (although som might do it for £40 if they bill labour in half hour intervals).

But there's a network of Peugeot owners who have clones of the equipment which does the same job and they do it for fun / beer money. Here's a map of their locations:

maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214397633218647067111...e

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 28/04/2014 at 13:58

It could be the seat belt pre-tensioners - if they're faulty they'll also put on the warning light.

To save you some time and money in not throwing parts at the problem, it might be worth doing a Planet diagnostic, as that will tell you exactly which one is faulty. Dealers do them for around £80+VAT (although som might do it for £40 if they bill labour in half hour intervals).

But there's a network of Peugeot owners who have clones of the equipment which does the same job and they do it for fun / beer money. Here's a map of their locations:

maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214397633218647067111...e

Again very useful stuff Gibbo, thanks very much. I'll try to get in touch with one these guys.