Hyundai Trajet 2.0 CRTD - ABS Light - ScoBro

Hi all,

Just to pick peoples brains. I have a 2005 Hyundai Trajet CRTD which has been my project since Christmas ( Snapped Cambelt)

I started it up yesterday and the ABS light stayed on. I read somewhere It could be the ABS ring on the CV joint could be cracked. I have replaced both CV joints as the OSF had a crack in the ring.

Now the light is still on but I have MOT tomorrow and unsure if it will pass with the light on.

Just wondered if anyone knew if it has to be cleared by Hyundai?

Thanks

Scott

Hyundai Trajet 2.0 CRTD - ABS Light - elekie&a/c doctor

Abs light on will be an mot fail for sure.You will need to get the abs system checked through the diagnostic system and cleared for any faults,unless there are some problems remaining.There are plenty of indy garages that will be able to do this.

I have a Autel Maxiscan but it doesn't do abs from what I can see. Shouldn't be any more problems fingers crossed, as from what I can gather the abs rings are a bit of a problem on the trajets. I'm hoping it's stored a code and it won't clear on its own and just needs a snap on solus or something like that plugging in to clear it.

Hyundai Trajet 2.0 CRTD - ABS Light - Railroad.
Assuming the ring was the cause of the problem it may right itself once the vehicle has been driven, and the ABS controller is satisfied that a consistent signal is being received from all four wheel sensors.

I replaced both CV joint rings, and the light stayed on. Took it for MOT and they plugged it in for me, and it showed no Signal on O/S/F wheel sensor. On closer inspection I found two wires which had been twisted together and covered with tape. I have now soldered them back together and light went out with first turn of the wheel.

Thanks for all your help.