vw t25 - vin doesn't match - tami

Hi I spotted a van in a breakers fell in love and brought it with no v5 .paid 25 quid for new log book .oh and was told it was a cat d .I have been restoring it and today a bit late I know paid for a vehicle check it says the vin is not correct have checked and double checked but it says not recognised what does this mean .oh it also says cat c not d thanks and I brought it 8 months ago. can anyone help please

Edited by tami on 23/02/2014 at 23:08

vw t25 - vin doesn't match - Collos25

The differing VIN means you could have bought a ringer but I think you will know that already it could of course be a simple paper mistake,you will have to take the matter up with Swansea on both counts but be prepared to loose the vehicle in a worse case scenario.

The van is 32 yrs old . Could it still be a ringer ? Sorry not very clued up on this .im prob not ever going to sell it because its a cat c no one will ever want it .do I need to inform swansea? About the vin thanks

vw t25 - vin doesn't match - Dwight Van Driver

It would appear somewhere along the line the VIN does not tally with records for the VRM for the vehicle or vice versa.

IN your shoes I would consider contacting local Plod to have a word with an Officer from Stolen Vehicles Dept who may give it the once over and check against records.

dvd

vw t25 - vin doesn't match - mss1tw

Good luck with the resto if it goes ahead, grew up with a T25 and got a soft spot for them!

Thankyou