Renault Clio III - renault clio 1.5 dci mk3 black smoke loss of power - brianbrew2014

hi all i have a clio mk3 09 reg 1.5 dci and when i start it lots of black smoke comes out of the exhaust when i rev it tons of thick black smoke fills the road and i get loss of power and pinging sound the smell of the black smoke smells of burning diesel also i dont get any warning lights on the dash any help would be great

Renault Clio III - renault clio 1.5 dci mk3 black smoke loss of power - Oli rag

Lots of black smoke from cold could be a glow plug problem.

Renault Clio III - renault clio 1.5 dci mk3 black smoke loss of power - brianbrew2014

defo not a glow plug problem as all they do is heat the diesel up wen its really cold this has tons of black smoke wen driving it hot or cold its like bonfire night behind the car fills the roads

Renault Clio III - renault clio 1.5 dci mk3 black smoke loss of power - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Assuming that you've checked the obvious causes - made sure that the air filter is clean and that the air intake pipe isn't blocked with dead leaves, then go on to check that the EGR isn't stuck open, although that should bring up a fault code relating to EGR performance. Check for splits in pipes around the turbo as well, perhaps.

hi yes ive had a look for split pipes arround the turbo all good ive put it down to 4 things faulty turbo faulty injector faulty egr valve faulty maf sensor but the black smoke is clouds of it coming out of the exhaust etc