Renault Laguna - Dont know who was driving. - ben9090

I received a form through the post asking for the driver details driving my car on a time/date in December 13.

It doesn’t mention any reason, but states a hospital car park that I would have been in and out of that day.

The problem is my 1 month old baby was in hospital with breating problems and as we have 2 other small children we used to be back and forth from the hospital numerous times a day to take it in turns looking after baby. This was done in my car, I would arrive and my wife would drive it away 5-10 mins later with out children still inside.

Therefore I genuinely have no idea who was driving. There is no contact details on the note so the day I got it I tried calling the police officer quoted via the main regional police station asking what it was about and that I don’t know who was driving. The call handler took my message, and told me that officer was on a 9pm that night.

At 9:15 I received a call but she obviously didnt want to talk as without exaggeration it rang about 3 -4 times and before I could get the phone out my pocket it rang off. I received a voice message saying it was with regards to a RTA in the hospital car park, return the form and they will take it from there. Again no contact details were left.

I then wrote a letter delivering it by hand explaining the predicament regarding identifying the driver and a week has now passed and nothing.

I know I have 28 days but any ideas what I could do?

Also I know we weren’t involved in an actual crash but it was a difficult time for us all and with 2 upset kids age 3 and 6 in the car, and a tight car park I suppose it is possible that one of us could have touched another car. But if we did we’re totally unaware and there is no damage whatsoever on my vehicle so cant have been more then a touch.

What do you think I can expect? Will they discuss it with me and show me the CCTV to assist me to identify the driver? (I presume its on CCTV being a delivery hospital but whys has it taken 8 weeks?) We could then try and recall that particular day.

If I sent another recorded delivery message would I still get penalised once the 28 days has expired? Ive checked credit car statement, documents fron the hospital, pictures on my phone but they dont really provide proof either way.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Renault Laguna - Dont know who was driving. - RT

Go onto the Pepipoo website quickly with the details - it sounds like someone alleging a RTA on private land.