2008 Audi A3 1.9 TDi - Low Bite Point - AP16

Hi All,

Bought a 2008 A3 last week, drives beautifully. FSH, 68k miles, really nice car.

The bite point on the clutch however doesn't half seem close to the floor! I know it's a newer car than I'm used to, so I'm wondering if I'm worrying about nothing - I'd say it's 1.5 inches off the floor to bite point though, which seems really low.

There is a note within the receipts which state the clutch needed replacing at 58k miles, but there isn't any suggestion thereafter that this work was carried out.

Spoke to the dealer this morning and they've said it's been through all their checks etc. etc. and they've driven it and weren't concerned. Best to monitor it and go back to them before the warranty expires if needed.

The clutch doesn't slip at all, and the car pulls like a train - am I concerned about nothing?

Any advice much appreciated! :)

AP

Also feeling a bit of engine vibration through the clutch pedal ?

2008 Audi A3 1.9 TDi - Low Bite Point - Peter D
Sounds like a bit of air in the system. They have to disconnect the clutch slave cylinder then they change the clutch. Get them to bleed it. Regards Peter
2008 Audi A3 1.9 TDi - Low Bite Point - cws

If it uses the same set-up as the Golf Mk5 (highly likely) they do also suffer from cracked slave cylinders.....

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll get it back to the dealer tomorrow with that info and take it from there.

Will update when we suss what's wrong

2008 Audi A3 1.9 TDi - Low Bite Point - The-Mechanic

Any chattering / rattling type noises that change when the clutch pedal is pressed and released when in neutral ? Does there seem to be a whine type noise when cranking to start engine ?

They do suffer from dual mass flywheel issues and what with the low biting point and vibration thru the pedal it sounds very much like it's on it's way out ( whether or not it's noisy )

Get a second opinion firstly, then take it up with the dealer.