Kia ceed - Kia dilemma - CitroenianAgain
Hello all - long time since I was on here, those with long memories might remember me as Citroënian...been through a few cars since then.

Am trying to decide which car to buy and the BR always has been helpful in the past. Choice of three really.

I reckon I'll do about 15/16k per year

Old shape Kia ProCeed 4 diesel on an 11 plate with 20k on it and all the kit you can wave a stick at. I quite like the leather interior. Still has 4 years warranty on and I'll be under the 100k kia limit in 2018 when it ends. £9,500

New shape Kia Ceed 1 1.4 petrol - 12/62 plate 12k miles. Much improved car over the old shape but a bit old eastern block in terms of kit, engine pretty gutless and fairly noisy and thirsty to drive about it. £10,000. Would have a new 7 year warranty which means that 12k+(16kx5.5) I would have warranty under the 100,000 miles until a year longer than the ProCeed

New shape Kia Ceed 2 diesel. 12/62 plate 12k miles. Much the same story as the one above warranty wise but with a better standard of kit and a much better engine, economy and cabin noise. But it's £2,500 more than the petrol Ceed 1.

Part of the problem is that the new ceed is so new that the prices are still high. Tempted as I am by the proCeed I do wonder if the savings now will be lost in future trade in values.

Your thoughts, as ever, much appreciated. I've got myself properly confused by all this now!

Edited by CitroenianAgain on 01/12/2013 at 07:30

Kia ceed - Kia dilemma - skidpan

If you like to old shape car and its in good condition buy it. Its lost a huge chunk in depreciation and will now loose the remaineder of its value fairly slowly..

If you find an engine gutless on test never buy the car, you will regret it from day one and loose £1000's buying the right car later.

New shape Ceed is definitely nicer but is it £3000 nicer than the old model which also has much more kit.

With regards to the Kia warranty (or any warranty for that matter) make sure the service history is up to date and complete and preferably main dealer. If its not you will have no warranty.

Kia ceed - Kia dilemma - Avant

Welcome back. Do stay with us.

I see Skidpan's point, but if I were you I'd go for the new shape Ceed if you can afford it: partly because 5 doors are more practical than three and partly for the holding value reasons that you mention. I'm not sure that the Pro-ceed is seen as enough of a sporty coupe rather than just a three-door Ceed, and this one is new-shape and 18 months newer.

Avoid the petrol if you find it gutless as well as thirsty. At 15-16k a year a diesel should justify itself.